Anyone had their hands on one of those Quadzilla EV side by sides ?  I accept they are two wheel drives but do not plan any mud plugging, just need a vehicle to get me around locally by road to one or two farms and also to use on shoot days to help get me to a peg.  At £7500 they don't seem a bad price and have a range of around 60 mmiles on a full charge.

Add a winch and a ground anchor just in case the thing gets stuck and way to go.

Yes, see your point. Probably a big coil of light rope in the transport bed along with the winch. Not many places I go which don't have a uitable hitching post.

Anybody know the cost of a full charge on one of these electric vehicles?  It may be cheaper than running my V8 Land Rover on good weather days.

Had a look online at these they seem to be a useful tool 

haven’t a clue what range and performance they have or charging costs 

if I may suggest contacting a local dealer and ask for a test drive possibly for a week they should have a demonstration model 

as for getting stuck anything can get stuck especially if it bottoms out the benefits of the buggy type is a roap and small turfer type winch make them easier to get unstuck 😊

Since your original post I've been thinking a lot about these vehicles and if they're a good investment.

The main thing is if they're a degree of weather proof and road legal to travel between perms and home.

Weather proofing is the minor consideration I just don't want to get in one and have a wet bum. Wax jacket to travel in cures the rest.🙄😁

Opinions of legality seem to differ 🤔

I found this while browsing this morning.

https://www.yellowwellies.org/atvsare-you-road-legal/

Methinks, insurance may be the problem if you don't use a agricultural type broker. 

On 23/07/2021 at 19:54, Walker570 said:

Anybody know the cost of a full charge on one of these electric vehicles? 

Their website doesn't seem to provide a battery pack size; but they talk about a full charge in 8hrs on a 3pin plug....so let's be generous and assume the charger draws 10 Amps for the full 8hrs, and £0.20/kWh.

10 A * 230 V = 2.3kW

2.3kW * 8h = 18.4 kWh 

18.4 kWh * £0.20  = £3.68 for a full charge

That's pretty generous, I doubt very much it's going to be pulling anywhere near 10 amps.  In other words, comfortably less than the price of a pint to charge your battery.

My main concern would be the lack of four-wheel drive.  Even a small ATV winch will drastically affect range, better not to need it in the first place.

I don’t have direct experience of the quadrzilla, but I do drive a SBS quite a lot and on some pretty challenging terrain.  I was genuinely surprised how well it performs in 2wd off road.  If I may make a suggestion, if you went for one of these, I personally, I’d hold back on putting a winch on it until.you’ve see how it performs on your ground - you ,any well be pleasantly surprised and able to save yourself a few quid.

Thanks Jonty. I really just need four wheels to ease the pain of having to walk.  I am pretty mobile for 80 plus but walking more than 400yrds starts to get unpleasant.

They give a range within the local farms I shoot on which would also be handy.  I also saw a comment that a full charge overnight cost a £ but I would be happy with £4 as just running the Landie to and from one of my farms cost me £7 even on LPG.  I also like the size because I can fit it in to my secure garagingWhereas one or to of the laternatives are just too big.  My wife joins me on almost all of our driven days so a side by side would be perfect.

I’ve got a can am side by side best thing ive bought makes a big difference on a shoot day and amazingly the passenger seat is always full 😂

apreciate it’ll more £ and possibly out of budget possibly to big for your secure storage extra cost for road legal 

rarely use 4wd on a day getting to the pegs I’ve got a long tow roap/ chain and a hand turfer that’ll get it unstuck 

You could consider a trailer to tow it to the more distance venues 

plus side on mine fast manoverable 3 seats and cargo bed 

down side bit noisy and every kid over 9 wants to drive it 

2B7679E3-CC01-4734-BF98-63DD0F104EB8.jpeg

Yes, I have looked at the lot I think and no doubt the Can-Am is in the Rolls Royce category.  There is a big jump price wise from seven and a half up to 10-11 or more.

Any of those dogs which had a run round our wood ? They where so good travelling all that way.  I have to look at the Hi Sun and find a price. That is selective 2-4 and comes road legal.   Soon will be bite the bullet time and make a decision.

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, I have looked at the lot I think and no doubt the Can-Am is in the Rolls Royce category.  There is a big jump price wise from seven and a half up to 10-11 or more.

Any of those dogs which had a run round our wood ? They where so good travelling all that way.  I have to look at the Hi Sun and find a price. That is selective 2-4 and comes road legal.   Soon will be bite the bullet time and make a decision.

No the dogs are my spare ones 😂I think I had the golden and the cocker that day these 2

bite the bullet and enjoy the next seasons better to enjoy 3 seasons and not afford the fourth and fifth one’s than struggling and not enjoying all five

my mates told me to get one as it would make it easier for them to get me out of the drive if I keeled over while on a day 🤭

obviously they would finish the drive first though 🤔

you can always sell it best of luck with whatever you choose 

1A2E49F6-657B-4708-91E1-0BD460A5D143.jpeg

I love my Honda pioneer 700.  But I have rarely ever used the 4x4.  I gave $11,200 out the door for the 4 seater.  The 2 seater is much cheaper.  They are probably more over there but I live like 100 miles from where they are made.  The 500 and 520 are under 9k and honestly were more then I needed.  But I went 700 because the 500 didn’t come in the sweet gray color.  Wmj8NIH.jpg

Love Hondas but the price here is over the top. The 520 would be my choice but you can count that in £s against the dollar and add some.  Had a Honda 400 for many years and stupidly sold it.  I just like the silent approach with the electric machines.  You can keeny meeny sneak around.

Edited by Walker570

19 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I love my Honda pioneer 700.  But I have rarely ever used the 4x4.  I gave $11,200 out the door for the 4 seater.  The 2 seater is much cheaper.  They are probably more over there but I live like 100 miles from where they are made.  The 500 and 520 are under 9k and honestly were more then I needed.  But I went 700 because the 500 didn’t come in the sweet gray color. 

I drive a pioneer 4 seater - absolutely fantastic bit of kit.