Ch' 5..5 go fishing in scotland

ditchman

thought it would be worth a watch

total absolute unmitigated clap trap.........looks like the annual residents outing of a bloody end of life care home........this is how the townies view the countryside...its bloody insulting

Botham should jolly well know better

rant over 

Edited by ditchman

26 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, good report Simon 🤔👍

thank you..............of all the people they could have picked ..eh !...........there are alot of fishing luvvies out there....could have been a good programme to watch...'cept they picked the dross..........lynford should have known better as well...at least he had the interest.....but got dragged down by the other muppets............

jesus ...fern britton has let herself go...phew.....she said she dont like fish...........she must live on burgers.......

rant over again.....

Nigel Farage would do a good sea fishing seris i bet...

that fishing adventure in iceland with Robson..........with all that hugging and kissing ...thought it was a gay programme...as for his so called fishing mate ....what a stuck up morose luvvie he is ..........another programme spoilt

rant over again

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

thank you..............of all the people they could have picked ..eh !...........there are alot of fishing luvvies out there....could have been a good programme to watch...'cept they picked the dross..........lynford should have known better as well...at least he had the interest.....but got dragged down by the other muppets............

jesus ...fern britton has let herself go...phew.....she said she dont like fish...........she must live on burgers.......

rant over again.....

that fishing adventure in iceland with Robson..........with all that hugging and kissing ...thought it was a gay programme...as for his so called fishing mate ....what a stuck up morose luvvie he is ..........another programme spoilt

rant over again

I agree Ditchy, what a load of clap trap! Should do a film about me or some real ghillies going about there duties, i guarantee it would be better viewing and not all scripted.

3 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

I agree Ditchy, what a load of clap trap! Should do a film about me or some real ghillies going about there duties, i guarantee it would be better viewing and not all scripted.

a programme like that i would love to see....something real and tangible...:good:

lots of good stories to be told...from times past..........my Hickory/greenheart Forrest salmon rods i have came from a big house...and they would have been whipped together 2 months before the season started and laid up in the stables ...so they could absorb moisture so they would be less brittle...and the casts would be soaked first as they were made from gut...silk lines would be washed and greased and only wound onto reels the day before the outing.............re-pitching the bottom of the boat or punt...weed cutting during the spring..........christ i could go on all night

stuff like that.............

14 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Aye the guid auld days, wish Jack Hargreaves was still going.

Chris Yates still is. Although I don't think he'll ever actually die, more just be subsumed into nature, with his voice becoming a ghostly commentary of some idyllic dew pond of the west.

The scenery in the intro looked stunning. As the "stars" ambled down to the beach, I feared the worst. Badly filmed, badly directed, badly edited and amateurish.

A genuine shame - a missed opportunity.

Edited by Gordon R

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

As I said to Mrs S …

These folks. … banging on about how much they’re enjoying it…

Paul and Bob … don’t need to ever say that, as it’s blindingly obvious they’re loving it …

totally agree

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

rant over again.....

rant over again

Hello, glad I missed that one to, 👍, can you remember  a fishing programme called Casting Around, BBC I think ?

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Chris Yates still is. Although I don't think he'll ever actually die, more just be subsumed into nature, with his voice becoming a ghostly commentary of some idyllic dew pond of the west.

Hello, yes I wish to, proper countryside TV , 

8 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

But the vast majority don't live in the real world so this is what they want to see, I know it makes you ill 

Just watch it, its not really about fishing, more about showing how little some of these celebs actually know anything outside of their scripted lives. 

Talking of scripts, its notably un natural conversations are just annoying.   

I was looking forward to the programme; I enjoy fishing (though I'm not very good at it and only get to do it occasionally!) and I love Scotland (where I do the little fishing I get to do) and just being by a river or loch in the wonderful Scottish scenery is heaven to me.

I switched off half way through.  I can't list what was wrong - just  - well virtually everything!

I enjoy Paul and Bob, loved the old Geoffrey Palmer/Rae Borras fishing series based on Isaac Walton - but this - absolute rubbish.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I thought the Robson and his mate fishing in Iceland might be better 👎

no it wasnt.......he was a arrogant morose ***...........and robson was wantingb sex everytime they caught something...........fishing is not about  jumping for joy and woop-di-doo....hi fives ....dry sex.....kissing ...hugging.....

my fishing is food for the soul.....and if with a mate....the most you will get out of him will be ..."what fly did you catch it on..."?.....or "jammy ***"............

i like to watch the river and stalk the fish...and take my time..............

51 minutes ago, ditchman said:

no it wasnt.......he was a arrogant morose ***...........and robson was wantingb sex everytime they caught something...........fishing is not about  jumping for joy and woop-di-doo....hi fives ....dry sex.....kissing ...hugging.....

my fishing is food for the soul.....and if with a mate....the most you will get out of him will be ..."what fly did you catch it on..."?.....or "jammy ***"............

i like to watch the river and stalk the fish...and take my time..............

Hello, I agree Simon, .👍

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Robson and his buddy certainly lack any sort of like-ability …. but the scenery, locations and some of the fish make it worth watching for me.

Remember they only had 3 weeks ….. !!!

***!!

scenery is stunning.............that programme could have been so much more ...shame..........

50 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Sir ITB got some credibility back this evening …

He‘s leaving the magnificent 5 to go fishing!

Good lad!!!

well i have forced myself to watch 5 mins....................3 words come to mind............Gutwrenching.....and awful...excruitiating

Edited by ditchman

The programme should be an embarrassment to Beefy. 

Ghillies who probably know about game fishing but without the first clue about pike, not using traces until bitten off so there were two lures at least left in pike. 

it paints fishing in a really bad light in my view. 

28 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

The programme should be an embarrassment to Beefy. 

Ghillies who probably know about game fishing but without the first clue about pike, not using traces until bitten off so there were two lures at least left in pike. 

it paints fishing in a really bad light in my view. 

proberly why he is leaving the programme..............who the hell casts these muppets..........linford is ok but the rest are has been obese can hardly walk luvvies