Benelli M2 20 bore

P.Shuter

This newish Benelli is giving me problems after the first shot - it either doesn’t fully eject the fired shell or else it leaves it in the breach, both situations are quickly rectified but it’s not acceptable and I can’t figure why it’s happening.

Strangely the first shells I used were 24grms, I fired off 50 at clay Targets and had about 5 malfunctions.    Thought I’d try 28grms and I’ve bought two slabs but they produce more ‘jams’ then the lighter cartridges ??

Any suggestions gratefully received please !!

I bought a s/hand 20b Cordoba in nearly new condition several years ago now and had the same problem. I spoke to the workshop guys at GMK(or whoever the U.K. importers are?) and it turned out they’d already had it back in for ‘repair’ 9 months beforehand but couldn’t actually tell me what that was for.  

Following various bits of the usual helpful “advice” 🤣 ….of the “a couple of boxes of heavier loads to run it in, it’ll be fine…..these are bound to work” type… I tried various makes and weights of cartridges and eventually found it would only cycle Rio’s consistently in both the 24gram clay carts and the 28gram game loads. 

I just had to buy a nice Caesar Guerini Essex to use up the cartridges that didn’t work so they weren’t wasted 🤣(And very nice it is too)

cheers

Fizz