KOFS problem

cooooper1

Anyone heard or seen this problem with I gun before? I bought a kofs 12g couple of weeks back just for pigeon shooting took it on its first outting yesterday, gun fired perfectly first 20 plus cartridges then first barrel away second trigger went rock hard 2/3 seconds after gun fired this happened 3 times on third occasion again first barrel away second rock hard trigger followed by 5 second delay then gun fired frightened me to death (didn't use gun after) taken gun down to shop this morning only for them to say bad primers which isn't the case I know then a hammer strikes which it didn't on them 3 times trigger went rock hard, been shooting for 40 years never seen or heard of a gun doing such a thing before so just wondering have anyone known of a problem like it. 

If they have said "bad primers" change the brand of shell and see if it still happens, if it does go back again.

The delay you mention sounds like a hang-fire which is really a thing of the past. Most ammo these days is thoroughly dependable

The people who I know that have bought Kofs are very happy with them.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.  :good:

Hi tightrope, it's definitely not a cartridge problem or bad primers has I said the trigger goes rock solid no movement has in no hammers engaging or any click any delay seems to be in trigger not hammer action, its very dangerous problem and I'm worried will the safed fail at any given time to.

Edited by cooooper1

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If they have said "bad primers" change the brand of shell and see if it still happens, if it does go back again.

The delay you mention sounds like a hang-fire which is really a thing of the past. Most ammo these days is thoroughly dependable

The people who I know that have bought Kofs are very happy with them.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.  :good:

I know of two who were not happy at all.

Did you check the primers of the second cartridges and see if they had been hit?

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Take it back you won’t have any confidence in it now 

could be something simple like a but on the mechanism or a tight bit of wood 

however that’s not your problem 

take it back and get another one 

My son had a very similar problem with a Browning, sent back numerous times and no fault found till the dealer loaded it, fired first barrel 2nd didn't fire and as he pointed it downwards fingers away from trigger "bang" scared the poo out of him. Apparently he was more forceful then and they found a small burr that need polishing off. It's now perfect but sold as he lost all confidence in using it.

21 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

My son had a very similar problem with a Browning, sent back numerous times and no fault found till the dealer loaded it, fired first barrel 2nd didn't fire and as he pointed it downwards fingers away from trigger "bang" scared the poo out of him. Apparently he was more forceful then and they found a small burr that need polishing off. It's now perfect but sold as he lost all confidence in using it.

I’ve seen similar 

im sure your sons browning is perfect now 

however once confidence is lost it’s got to go 

it should say on the factory wall at the quality control 

the next person to check this is the customer!!! 

4 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Yes that's what happened with my gun but lucky enough gun still pointed into field, be honest I've got no interest in gun working or not now it'll always be ticking away in brain box will it want it but got to give shop a opportunity to fix gun I guess, silver pigeon coming out tomorrow 

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So try it safely with different shells and then take it back whence it came from and ask for a full refund as it is not fit for purpose.

Which gun-shop did you buy it from?

Bought gun from sportmans for newport I've got no problems with them took gun straight away going to gunsmith Monday. May ask for refund (not fit for purpose)

Edited by cooooper1

Just this morning had gunshop ring can't find any problems with the gun😒seems odd considering trigger goes rock hard on second shot every now and then though there be something offensive to a gunsmith in trigger housing, so asked where do we go from here told have the gun back to try again WHY if gunsmith haven't sorted this problem out I'm not shooting a dangerous gun. Looks like trying to avoid giving my money back or new gun well I'm not interested in another one of them so money back please, been told he'll speak to the manager due in at 9 to see if that's possible!!!POSSIBLE more like sorry sir here's your money back plus slab of cartridges or something for any inconveniences

Edited by cooooper1

Not familiar with this gun but trigger faults can be a pain as it is very difficult to see what is going on in actual shooting conditions .

I dont know who the gunsmith in question is but unless you have spoken directly to him and explained the problem ,it may ,as has happened to me on several occasions , that what the problem is and what he has been told are not the same thing .

That aside if it is a new gun then you should be offered and exchange or a refund if the problem can not be rectified quickly and permanently.

Trigger problems are a pain especially intermittent ones.  
Had a client with a used beretta that would not fire the second barrel. Could see anything work fine for me, it can back again still wouldn’t fire second barrel I fired 250 through it no issue, asked the father to try 25 no issue. It can back again, asked to see his daughter who it turned out shot with the gun, stock was about an 1 1/2 to long she wasn’t releasing the trigger fully!  Very unhappy father wouldn’t be able to share tge 20 bore 😱.

So excuse shops where they hear intermittent and trigger.  But this sounds like a true mechanical issue certainly not human issue. 

On 24/07/2021 at 11:15, cooooper1 said:

Anyone heard or seen this problem with I gun before? I bought a kofs 12g couple of weeks back just for pigeon shooting took it on its first outting yesterday, gun fired perfectly first 20 plus cartridges then first barrel away second trigger went rock hard 2/3 seconds after gun fired this happened 3 times on third occasion again first barrel away second rock hard trigger followed by 5 second delay then gun fired frightened me to death (didn't use gun after) taken gun down to shop this morning only for them to say bad primers which isn't the case I know then a hammer strikes which it didn't on them 3 times trigger went rock hard, been shooting for 40 years never seen or heard of a gun doing such a thing before so just wondering have anyone known of a problem like it. 

Absolutely get your money back Even if they find out what’s wrong with the new gun the seed been planted in your mind regarding safety A lot of years back I bought a bentinsoli new took it to the field for crows when fired after a couple of shots both barrels went of at once A bit of the gunsmith trying to pawn me off I demanded my money back which I ended up getting So good luck 

On 28/07/2021 at 19:57, Gerry78 said:

Absolutely get your money back Even if they find out what’s wrong with the new gun the seed been planted in your mind regarding safety A lot of years back I bought a bentinsoli new took it to the field for crows when fired after a couple of shots both barrels went of at once A bit of the gunsmith trying to pawn me off I demanded my money back which I ended up getting So good luck 

Thanks boys but just can't see me using gun with confidence after this fixed or not may reject it ask for my money back put it towards another 

• 2 weeks later...