Airgun Decoying perfection

Ultrastu

Took my boy out this afternoon  over a fresh barley stubble  we set up along a hedge with 12 plastic full-bodied  deeks under the umbrella  .

The pige came in really well  .not lifting off the ground If they were much more than 50 yds away  after a shot .

34 birds picked .

My boy dropped 7  

It's been a long time since we shot together and this was a perfect reintroduction for him .

IMG_20210724_195920.jpg

Edited by Ultrastu

Wellies were definitely  the correct choice .

The stubble was full of water and the ground muddy .

We had a great day and 34 birds with the airgun might have been my  record  .if not its an excellent bag .the pige just kept dropping right into our pattern at 20 - 35 yds , but as always they lift off again after 2 - 5 seconds so quick accurate  shooting is the key .many a bird dodged a pellet as we were often just a second too slow on the trigger .

Brilliant sport .my boy loved it .at one point we had around 50 birds flock In trying to land just yards infront of us I wish I had filmed it .the words awesome escaped my boys lips .cheers guys for the kind words .

If you get a chance to airgun pige like this take it,  its a whole different  experience. 

Screenshot_20210725-084414_Gallery.jpg

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Took my boy out this afternoon  over a fresh barley stubble  we set up along a hedge with 12 plastic full-bodied  deeks under the umbrella  .

The pige came in really well  .not lifting off the ground If they were much more than 50 yds away  after a shot .

34 birds picked .

My boy dropped 7  

It's been a long time since we shot together and this was a perfect reintroduction for him .

IMG_20210724_195920.jpg

What a great day for you both :good:

On 24/07/2021 at 20:52, Ultrastu said:

Cheers guys 

The air guns proved to be the best choice today .

I could have doubled that bag by myself 

But the enjoyment came watching my boy take on  these birds,  misses and hits .

It's all part of the enjoyment. 

He wants to go again .

Shooting in warm weather, wearing shorts with your lad, what's not to love about that. 

Sounds like a great day out, all your going to hear all week is 'when can we go again '