Weird rabbit guts

Schnoo

Hi all, 

Shot a doe bunny last night but during processing found a large white mass inside the gut cavity - almost the size of a tennis ball and very lumpy. 

Anyone ever found this before? Perhaps some sort of cancer? 

I chucked the carcass but interested if its a common thing... 

I took a photo but not sure if I'm allowed to post as it could be considered a bit gorey by some...

Cheers!

Two possible answers, if the growth was soft and squidgy it may have been a Lipoma, these grow quickly and can be quite large but seldom fatal, unless the rabbit is hit by some fast moving foreign object like lead,

The other is indeed a cancerous growth very similar to those found in dogs and cats, cancers are normally hard when squeezed and can be fatal, unless the rabbit in question is already lead, sorry I mean dead.

Either way the animal is not suffering now, and you probably did the right thing in disposing of it. 👍😏

It was quite soft actually so perhaps a lipoma after all. Funnily enough I went to the doctors recently and have one in my arm but it didn't occur to me as a possibility in the rabbit! 

Probably would have been fine to eat but like you say, never hurts to be cautious.

Edit: thanks to mod for moving to correct forum 

37 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

seldom fatal, unless the rabbit is hit by some fast moving foreign object like lead,

😄🤣

Edited by Schnoo
Add text