Jump to content

Lovely gifts


Old Boggy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was given these two pyrographic pictures by a shooting pal yesterday as a birthday present, which as you can imagine, I was absolutely delighted with. He is a very talented guy and has done some amazing work. Felt that I just had to share my good fortune receiving these bespoke images. They are already hanging on the wall in what I erroneously refer to as my office, but what is in fact a space under the stairs, the only space in our tiny abode where I`m allowed to indulge my passion. 

OB 

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Very nice, a belated Happy Birthday Mate.  :good:

Thanks Dave. Try to forget birthdays these days, well mine anyway, not nearest and dearest’s of course.

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yep happy birthday. They are brilliant. I have done a bit of pyrography and it is not easy and takes a load of practise.

Thank you. I’ve watched it being done and as you say, not at all easy. I greatly admire people with such talent.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Happy birthday Chris 👍

That's some very nice pyrography mate.

Thanks Mel. You no doubt can appreciate the time it takes having seen Lin’s lovely work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

but what is in fact a space under the stairs, the only space in our tiny abode where I`m allowed to indulge my passion. 

Must be one hell of a staircase to be able to shoot under it!!! 😂

Very nice items - he should consider selling them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning Chris ...... They say as you get older the time goes quicker , a perfect example is with birthdays and now they seem to come round far to quick , still these last 18 months or so have just been a blur and hopefully we can now go back to our old routine .

A very nice birthday present and worthy of a place on your front room walls , then your good lady can admire them as well :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Morning Chris ...... They say as you get older the time goes quicker , a perfect example is with birthdays and now they seem to come round far to quick , still these last 18 months or so have just been a blur and hopefully we can now go back to our old routine .

A very nice birthday present and worthy of a place on your front room walls , then your good lady can admire them as well :lol:

Morning John,

Funnily enough, I put them up in my ‘space’ and she said that they are too good to be hidden, so has agreed to have them in the front room. You’re right about how the years go by so quickly. Just have to savour every moment.

47 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

Hi Chris   Happy Birthday time flies as we all get older. The brain still feels young but the body groans in pain. 

Thanks Bill. You’re so right, in my head I feel about 30-40 but try to do anything too energetic for too long and your body soon tells you differently. 
Hope that you are now fully recovered from your ops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Morning John,

Funnily enough, I put them up in my ‘space’ and she said that they are too good to be hidden, so has agreed to have them in the front room. You’re right about how the years go by so quickly. Just have to savour every moment.

Thanks Bill. You’re so right, in my head I feel about 30-40 but try to do anything too energetic for too long and your body soon tells you differently. 
Hope that you are now fully recovered from your ops.

Hi Chris

Had a bone scan a month ago to see how bad the replacement knee is. The right knee needs to be done but it hurts a lot less than the left replacement .

So will be cautious before any operation the stick is still going strong better than a replacement knee.

Many thanks

 

Bill

Edited by bottletopbill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

Hi Chris

Had a bone scan a month ago to see how bad the replacement knee is. The right knee needs to be done but it hurts a lot less than the left replacement .

So will be cautious before any operation the stick is still going strong better than a replacement knee.

Many thanks

 

Bill

Hi Bill,

Never an easy decision whether to have the other knee done or not. One of my shooting pals now in his 80s had quite a lot of grief with the first one for a few months and was hesitant on getting the other one done, but now he’s glad he did and timed both operations immediately after the duck season to allow him a bit of recovery for the beginning of the next season.

Good luck with whatever you chose.

Kind regards

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...