Drone advise.

Lucasnorth

Hi All. 

Im thinking of getting a drone that takes quality pictures and videos. 

I don’t want anything naff but have no idea where to begin. So any advise on makes. Models. What I do and don’t need. It will just be a toy really. For holidays in the lakes videoing the wife and the dog. A bit of scenery and the likes. And help or advise will be great fully received. 

Lucas. 

43 minutes ago, Lucasnorth said:

Hi All. 

Im thinking of getting a drone that takes quality pictures and videos. 

I don’t want anything naff but have no idea where to begin. So any advise on makes. Models. What I do and don’t need. It will just be a toy really. For holidays in the lakes videoing the wife and the dog. A bit of scenery and the likes. And help or advise will be great fully received. 

Lucas. 

Surely MI5 has a drone you could 'borrow'? Can't think it'd be too hard for a Spook to get hold of something pretty decent...

20 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

I have a DJI4 which is a great piece of kit.  I let the batteries drain though so it is f$%&^d!!!!

Yeah I hear good things of these. I had a mate who used one for initial tree surveys for tree surgery jobs. I say had. Still got the mate, but the drone's no more. He crashed it into a tree. Couldn't see that coming...

Just been looking at the DJI Phantom 4 on eBay, seems to be a few different types about with all sorts of bits and bats with them. 

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Surely MI5 has a drone you could 'borrow'? Can't think it'd be too hard for a Spook to get hold of something pretty decent...

Yeah I hear good things of these. I had a mate who used one for initial tree surveys for tree surgery jobs. I say had. Still got the mate, but the drone's no more. He crashed it into a tree. Couldn't see that coming...

I’m not with you mate on the MI5 thing. 

8 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

Just been looking at the DJI Phantom 4 on eBay, seems to be a few different types about with all sorts of bits and bats with them. 

I’m not with you mate on the MI5 thing. 

Is your name genuinely Lucas North?! 

Lucas North was one of the main characters in BBC's long running MI5-based drama Spooks. He goes bad at the end and tries to kill everyone, before throwing himself off a roof.

Edited by chrisjpainter

I acquired a DJI Mavjic Air ( the original version), last year.

Like anything such as this, it’s been used   a few times and then packed away- there is only so many times one can film their house. 

But back to the Drone, cannot give enough praise to the DJI as it’s almost ( I say almost) idiot proof 🙂

My only gripe is the claimed run times and ‘real world’ run times. 

My name is lucas north. And I have no knowledge of a tv drama called spooks. And I have never googled my name. But I shall look in to this imposter😁 I shall also look in to the DJI drones as they seem to be the ones to have. Thanks. 

Lucas north. Off the telly🤣

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Like anything such as this, it’s been used   a few times and then packed away- there is only so many times one can film their house. 

Indeed !

I bought a Mavic mini 6 months ago, thought it would come in handy for trips out, and my daughter could use it on her photography degree.

Its spurred me to take some pics of it tonight and get it advertised :lol:

3 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

My name is lucas north. And I have no knowledge of a tv drama called spooks. And I have never googled my name. But I shall look in to this imposter😁 I shall also look in to the DJI drones as they seem to be the ones to have. Thanks. 

Lucas north. Off the telly🤣

Goodness you'd have to be a real idiot to choose a character from a spy show if you were trying to conceal your identity on a forum for some unknown reason.

Seems pretty unlikely.

But then again, whoever started the topic linked below was clearly a real idiot. To share a photograph of a landrover they bought when, erm, they didn't...

And then the lying begins. Bit like this topic actually. Wonder if there could be a link🤔

God bless his soul. Must be another coincidence.

We know lucasnorth (real name, and not from the TV show) lives in Leeds because he tells us this on his profile, and not to worry clearly different because the other Viking chap puts err.. erm.. is there more than one Leeds?

i like drones ...i love watching drone racing ..and the way it has improved aeiral photography..........

one small bit of advice...........dont fly drones near anyones personal space...............as it will bring the very worst out of that person/persons...and i mean worst..:good:

great idea to use it on holiday in and near the lakes....will make an awsome video