Cuts and Scrapes

DannyS

Hi everyone.

Was hoping someone would know of some good creams/ointments I could use on my lurcher who is forever getting little cuts and wounds on him - maybe something that could aid fur regrowth too.

Someone mentioned camrosa ointment but heard mixed reviews.

ATB

I’ve only ever used hibiscrub on any particularly bad cuts or scrapes on our spaniel. Wouldn’t help grow fur but I’m not sure what would? If you find something that does I could maybe flog it to my balding mate that’s clinging on to every follicle.

I wash with salt water, dry then smother with Zam Buk ointment. Its made by Rose and Co now to the original Fisons recipe.

If the hair follicles are damaged nothing will get the hair to grow back on scar tissue.

6 minutes ago, DannyS said:

Hi everyone.

Was hoping someone would know of some good creams/ointments I could use on my lurcher who is forever getting little cuts and wounds on him - maybe something that could aid fur regrowth too.

Someone mentioned camrosa ointment but heard mixed reviews.

ATB

I use Cicatrin. It's an antibiotic powder, just squirt it on a couple of times a day. It's effective on open wounds too.

In the 70s it was available prescription only for humans. Every soldier had a small packet for open wounds. Brilliant stuff especially if you can't wash properly straight away.

It was removed from the market in the 80s as being too effective (on humans) because of the antibiotic content. My kids called it "magic powder" still do. Couple of topical applications and the wounds healed. I have a bottle permanently in my first aid kit

Obviously I can't reccomend you use it on humans now, but it's still legal to buy for animals🤔 

2 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

I’ve only ever used hibiscrub on any particularly bad cuts or scrapes on our spaniel. Wouldn’t help grow fur but I’m not sure what would? If you find something that does I could maybe flog it to my balding mate that’s clinging on to every follicle.

Tell your mate to take Biotin, helps with hair and nail growth.

I'm bald and proud😁

3 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I use Cicatrin. It's an antibiotic powder, just squirt it on a couple of times a day. It's effective on open wounds too.

In the 70s it was available prescription only for humans. Every soldier had a small packet for open wounds. Brilliant stuff especially if you can't wash properly straight away.

It was removed from the market in the 80s as being too effective (on humans) because of the antibiotic content. My kids called it "magic powder" still do. Couple of topical applications and the wounds healed. I have a bottle permanently in my first aid kit

Obviously I can't reccomend you use it on humans now, but it's still legal to buy for animals🤔 

Tell your mate to take Biotin, helps with hair and nail growth.

I'm bald and proud😁

I just looked and cannot see that for sale in the uk, looks like it’s more than humans it was banned for.