TSS reloaders, an idea?

Guest cookoff013

Guest cookoff013

Hi, has anyone ever used biodegradable plastic BBs as filler for tss loads?
i`m just thinking or trying to think outside the box aka a plastic filler / tss18 load. 

just wondering.

coo

Edited by cookoff013

to bulk up a load you could use     rice / wheat / a pea or two / tea leaves / grass seed / even popcorn       got to be better than a leaching  plastic  of any kind  into the land or rivers and sea as it is full of all kinds of plastics and micro beads  already       and yet non toxic shot has to be used over wetlands           maybe a fibre wad and lead shot would be less toxic in the long run  

something you use for bulking could feed something next year so all species benefits 

Edited by Saltings

Guest cookoff013

There are old classic things that can be used / wheat. But they can absorb moisture. Bio degradable plastic might have more moisture resistance.

Guest cookoff013
5 hours ago, allanm said:

Yes I’ve used the plastic beads in a .410 tss load .

I used a Lee dipper and it worked fine , they weren’t bbs but were very cheap plastic filler beads of flea bay 

That was my next port of call. Crude plastic pellets. 

On 30/07/2021 at 23:13, Saltings said:

to bulk up a load you could use     rice / wheat / a pea or two / tea leaves / grass seed / even popcorn       got to be better than a leaching  plastic  of any kind  into the land or rivers and sea as it is full of all kinds of plastics and micro beads  already       and yet non toxic shot has to be used over wetlands           maybe a fibre wad and lead shot would be less toxic in the long run  

something you use for bulking could feed something next year so all species benefits 

Maybe a fibre wad and lead shot would be less toxic in the long run, 👍 there's no substitute for common sense (show us the dead birds with lead in gizzards, oh you can't cos there isn't any) 🤏

Stevesxs   I have seen diving ducks scanned at Slimbridge many years ago, which were found  dead, hidden in the long grass on our farm pond, which had found lead shot deep in the pond mud.  It was only the diving ducks that found it, but it happened most years .  The pond hadn't been shot over for years.

Most wildfowl that suffer from lead poisoning, become very secretive and crawl away to die.

1 hour ago, cardigun said:

Stevesxs   I have seen diving ducks scanned at Slimbridge many years ago, which were found  dead, hidden in the long grass on our farm pond, which had found lead shot deep in the pond mud.  It was only the diving ducks that found it, but it happened most years .  The pond hadn't been shot over for years.

Most wildfowl that suffer from lead poisoning, become very secretive and crawl away to die.

OK iam usually wrong on most things, my wife will verify that 😂

On 01/08/2021 at 11:41, steve s×s said:

OK iam usually wrong on most things, my wife will verify that 😂

I don’t think you are wrong on this occasion….. the plastic wads we are using to protect out barrels from non toxic shot will be in the world for many hundreds of years to come….

2 hours ago, roughshooter said:

I don’t think you are wrong on this occasion….. the plastic wads we are using to protect out barrels from non toxic shot will be in the world for many hundreds of years to come….

And the Lead has been here since the big bang (Jesus I wish I had a brain)