New Pard 008

B725

It's a Logun Axor superb gun to shoot, but what with the rain, having to top a lot of grass at the farm and our Laura's wedding next week I don't know if I will have much time to play with it.

Edited by B725

I have one on a t1x hmr. Used it for a few rabbits but not seriously yet. Still trying to get to know it. 

Need to sort out focus wheel as in daylight it's very sensitive and does not fall easily to hand. I think with ir light depth of field will be less critical. 

Also built in ir is effective but fiddly. I think I will mount a small wide range led lamp on it, so its single point focus. That should give a much longer operating time for the unit too. Plastic cap off a milk bottle for the lens cover needs an attachment point. I would like to find something better as it still looks vulnerable in the wet. 

I've finally got round to fitting onto the Logun and using my home made rifle clamp and a bit of faffing about getting used to all the different settings I can literally put one pellet on top of another, very impressed with it.

I just need to get out and use it. 

20210804_132652_copy_1512x2016.jpg

On 30/07/2021 at 17:21, oowee said:

I have one on a t1x hmr. Used it for a few rabbits but not seriously yet. Still trying to get to know it. 

Need to sort out focus wheel as in daylight it's very sensitive and does not fall easily to hand. I think with ir light depth of field will be less critical. 

Also built in ir is effective but fiddly. I think I will mount a small wide range led lamp on it, so its single point focus. That should give a much longer operating time for the unit too. Plastic cap off a milk bottle for the lens cover needs an attachment point. I would like to find something better as it still looks vulnerable in the wet. 

Try one of these. A nice cheap solution.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184732654985

On 04/08/2021 at 13:32, B725 said:

I've finally got round to fitting onto the Logun and using my home made rifle clamp and a bit of faffing about getting used to all the different settings I can literally put one pellet on top of another, very impressed with it.

I just need to get out and use it. 

20210804_132652_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Hello, well done 👍 we use and old black and decker workmate to hold rifles, 

1 hour ago, The Verminhater said:

I put one on the back last night, so I'll try that first.

Probably a stupid question, but when  I was trying to zero and went through adjusting the selected reticle left right and up down, it was way off centre of screen. Once zeroed, how do you get the reticle back to centre?

You cant , like many digital scopes , the zeroing is done by moving the ret around the screen, shimming is the only way to get it centred, but its doubtful you will ever end up with a perfectly centred ret.

Adjustable mounts like the Eaglevision or ZB can be used, but theres the added cost , and often, height.

Have you started right at the beginning? From what I can gather position A the first setting the cross hairs are central and B ,C will move the cross hairs to a different postition  on the screen .

The instructions are very poor 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

You cant , like many digital scopes , the zeroing is done by moving the ret around the screen, shimming is the only way to get it centred, but its doubtful you will ever end up with a perfectly centred ret.

Adjustable mounts like the Eaglevision or ZB can be used, but theres the added cost , and often, height.

I've a ZB mount which when mounted, always on adjusting the turrets went to the maximum, and still left me around 2" off centre of my aiming point.  Shame nobody within striking distance of the HU12 area has one who could help. 😭 

I've added one shim, then I'll see how I get on, then add the ZB mount again and try once more.

My setup is a (customised) HW 77k .22 springer with a 6" Eaglevision picatinny / weaver to dovetail standard rail, with the Pard 008p mounted with one rear shim....so far. 

2 hours ago, B725 said:

Have you started right at the beginning? From what I can gather position A the first setting the cross hairs are central and B ,C will move the cross hairs to a different postition  on the screen .

The instructions are very poor 

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, B725 said:

I've just phoned my mate as he bought one at the same time, position A its central position B set at a longer distance the cross hair is lower right of the screen. 

Thanks, I'll also check that out. The Instructions that came with it are useless. 

1 hour ago, The Verminhater said:

I've a ZB mount which when mounted, always on adjusting the turrets went to the maximum, and still left me around 2" off centre of my aiming point.  Shame nobody within striking distance of the HU12 area has one who could help. 😭 

I've added one shim, then I'll see how I get on, then add the ZB mount again and try once more.

My setup is a (customised) HW 77k .22 springer with a 6" Eaglevision picatinny / weaver to dovetail standard rail, with the Pard 008p mounted with one rear shim....so far. 

Which turret , windage or elevation ?

Are you putting the pard mount onto the ZB mount ? Then mounting the whole thing to an adapter ?
That sounds like a lot of height ! Which could be your problem, when everything is mounted up , exactly how high is the scope line off the bore line ?

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Which turret , windage or elevation ?

Are you putting the pard mount onto the ZB mount ? Then mounting the whole thing to an adapter ?
That sounds like a lot of height ! Which could be your problem, when everything is mounted up , exactly how high is the scope line off the bore line ?

Messed about with the ZB mount so much, I can't remember tbh. Yes, probably too much height.  I also restored the pard to factory settings, as previous owner had various settings for different rifles.  Thought it best to start from scratch. I'll have a go today and see how it goes.  How do I measure the scope line off the bore line?

4 hours ago, B725 said:

I've just phoned my mate as he bought one at the same time, position A its central position B set at a longer distance the cross hair is lower right of the screen. 

Thanks, I'll also check that out. The Instructions that came with it are useless. 

Just made these in case I need more.

I knew my paper punch woukd eventually get some use. Made four in total. 🤣

20210811_152247.jpg

Edited by The Verminhater

15 minutes ago, The Verminhater said:

Messed about with the ZB mount so much, I can't remember tbh. Yes, probably too much height.  I also restored the pard to factory settings, as previous owner had various settings for different rifles.  Thought it best to start from scratch. I'll have a go today and see how it goes.  How do I measure the scope line off the bore line?

20210811_161401.jpg