SGC Waiting for Gwent firearms department (300+days)

Sion2981

Hey Guys, 

I put my completed SGC application into Gwent police HQ in September and payment was taken 3 days later. 

I new the wait time would be longer than normal due to covid but didn’t think i would still be waiting. 

I have sent them a email but just get told they working though a backlog and I just need wait. 

Is anyone else waiting for gwent police or have recently had the cert so I can workout how far down the line I am? 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Sion2981
Didn’t mention what application I sent in

jesus i would be pulling my hair out if i ad any 😁 that's a long time. suppose all you can do is wait with it being a grant, all firearms licensein seem to be short staffed i put a variation in 5 weeks ago with west Yorkshire i called them wensday to be told it's taking 12 weeks 😟 not good so email the lovely Karen hopefully should have it tomorrow,

54 minutes ago, vmaxphil said:

I'd like to see one of the magazines shadowing a certificate grant through the process and report on how the grant makes it way round the system to conclusion, bet that whoud be interesting to  see where the delays are!

There wouldn’t be any delays!

• 2 months later...

Gwent Police Application History ( UPDATE - 406 Days) 

Application sent - 18/09/20
Payment taken - 20/9/20 

Interview arranged - 23/09/21
Interview held - 30/09/21

60 days on and its been sat with Senior Management awaiting approval for the last 40+ days, no time frame can be given when this will be finished and sent out

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dorsecore said:

Same here - but I am with Devon and Dorset.

Application submitted October 2020.

Got a call last month to say doctors letter was received.

I chased again this week and they said they are prioritising renewals and to wait. No timeline or ETA given.

I got my certificate last week, i had my doctors letter attached with the application in September 2020

Hopefully you wont have to wait much longer, i understand how frustrating it is waiting.