Wanted Browning flush 3/4 choke or Teague Full

Jezzerr

Just bought a brand new Miroku MK38 Sporter with 3 Teague  chokes (imp cyl, mod, i.mod) and 2 Browning flush chokes ( skeet & full).

Seems a kind of weird set up compared to my 14 or 15 year old Beretta with a complete set.

Any way trying to end up with 3/4 and full. 

Can anyone help

42 minutes ago, Jezzerr said:

Just bought a brand new Miroku MK38 Sporter with 3 Teague  chokes (imp cyl, mod, i.mod) and 2 Browning flush chokes ( skeet & full).

Seems a kind of weird set up compared to my 14 or 15 year old Beretta with a complete set.

Any way trying to end up with 3/4 and full. 

Can anyone help

I bought the same gun yesterday.. I thought exactly the same. Not sure why they chose to fit skeet and full - flush chokes to the gun out of the box? 

My set up is currently mod. and imp mod. - I'll see how I get on with that before buying a couple of extra chokes. 

10 minutes ago, Jezzerr said:

Agree it does seem a bit weird!

I have same set up as you by the way.

can you use Teague with Browning flush?

I guess so.. You could fit imp. mod (teague) with flush full. It would just look a bit odd 🤣. Who cares if you're breaking everything in your path!! May be worth a go on the a pattern plate or on the clay before you decide to spend £40ish quid on a new teague choke. 

19 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Those are Invector plus. Can't be mixed with invector or any other that don't have the "plus" on them.

Most gun shops seem to have a range of second hand invector plus chokes. 

Normally when you buy an MK38 you get 5 chokes, 2 extended and 3 flush.

Just for my own awareness centrepin, because I'm in the same boat as jezzer having just picked up my mk38.. Other than it looking odd, whats the reason for not being able to use a teague extended choke in tandem with an investor plus flush? what sort of issues would that cause? 

3 hours ago, CountryBoyTweed said:

Just for my own awareness centrepin, because I'm in the same boat as jezzer having just picked up my mk38.. Other than it looking odd, whats the reason for not being able to use a teague extended choke in tandem with an investor plus flush? what sort of issues would that cause? 

No, maybe I typed it wrong. You can put in what you want as long as it's Invector plus.

I meant you can't mix Invector chokes with Invector plus.

It would probably look odd if you had one flush, one extended but as long as you're aware and happy it's your choice. 

I just bought what I wanted to match up in either flush or extended.

Thing is I tend to stick to the same 2 chokes all the time regardless of what I'm shooting.

Currently open and extra open both flush. But occasionally I swap to 1/4, 1/4 extended just to see if there's any difference. Rarely is.

2 hours ago, Jezzerr said:

What’s the difference between Invector and Invector Plus so why not please?

Invector Plus are longer than the standard Invector chokes - different thread so are not interchangeable. If your gun uses Invector plus it means your gun has back bored barrels. Whether there is any advantage of back bored vs normal is debatable! Think it has been discussed before on here.