Keepers Pie

Walker570

Had four pheasant breast left over having been cooked but not eaten. Suggested I mince them and add some Stokes Barbecue sauce and put a layer of mashed potatoe on top.

Keepers Pie maybe.   Turned out delicious, just need a little more Barbecue Sauce which I thinned with hot water as a gravy. Pheasant is a bit drier than lamb or beef.

On 31/07/2021 at 17:27, Walker570 said:

Had four pheasant breast left over having been cooked but not eaten. Suggested I mince them and add some Stokes Barbecue sauce and put a layer of mashed potatoe on top.

Keepers Pie maybe.   Turned out delicious, just need a little more Barbecue Sauce which I thinned with hot water as a gravy. Pheasant is a bit drier than lamb or beef.

I note that you are a lover of Stokes sauces, pickles etc. Me too. On our last visit to Suffolk, I stocked up on some Stokes items, Stokes Sticky Pickle being my favourite from a farm shop near Little Glemham. No-one seems to stock it locally in our farm shops.

OB

49 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

I note that you are a lover of Stokes sauces, pickles etc. Me too. On our last visit to Suffolk, I stocked up on some Stokes items, Stokes Sticky Pickle being my favourite from a farm shop near Little Glemham. No-one seems to stock it locally in our farm shops.

OB

the co-op stocks the full range of stokes pickles and sauses

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

OB

I order mine direct delivery to the door from Stokes.   Chilli jam on a bacon muffin...or two hmmmmmmm!!

On 01/08/2021 at 06:17, Robden said:

If you do it with leftover lamb, it's shepherd's pie.

If you do it with leftover fish, it's fisherman's pie.

If you do it with leftover cottages..................😀

Never do that because the thatch gives me indigestion:cry1:

On 01/08/2021 at 06:17, Robden said:

If you do it with leftover lamb, it's shepherd's pie.

If you do it with leftover fish, it's fisherman's pie.

If you do it with leftover cottages..................😀

Did you know if you add petit pois to fisherman's pie to transform he whole dish to an Admirals pie ( pretty easy to do if I'm honest ) !!!!

On 07/08/2021 at 18:25, Gameking said:

I can offer trifle, check out the deer silhouette 😁

IMG_20200510_193112_resized_20200510_104844406 trifle 3.jpg

how dare you produce a trifle devoid of 100's and 1000's and no mention of sherry..........appalling.....(i do like the broken flake touch tho)

just imjine it now.......hand whipped and folded fresh cream...chocolate sprinkles ..ambrosia custard underneath...fresh strawberries encircled by jelly nestling in and surrounded by sugarery fingerr biscuits with a good dollop of croft sherry

come to me baby ...yeah

that would be for afterers..............corination chicken salad to start with.....and prawn cocktail

Edited by ditchman

15 hours ago, ditchman said:

just imjine it now.......hand whipped and folded fresh cream...chocolate sprinkles ..ambrosia custard underneath...fresh strawberries encircled by jelly nestling in and surrounded by sugarery fingerr biscuits with a good dollop of croft sherry

come to me baby ...yeah

that would be for afterers..............corination chicken salad to start with.....and prawn cocktail

Croft's sherry?

Slumming it!

In our house, it would have had to have been Harvey's Bristol Cream, the only alcohol to pass my grandma's lips - until, as a teenager, I introduced her to Newcastle Brown.

50 minutes ago, amateur said:

Croft's sherry?

Slumming it!

In our house, it would have had to have been Harvey's Bristol Cream, the only alcohol to pass my grandma's lips - until, as a teenager, I introduced her to Newcastle Brown.

:lol:how did she take to "Newcy Brown" ?

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

:lol:how did she take to "Newcy Brown" ?

Loved it. She said that it reminded her of the beer that she had drunk as a young woman.

It was odd leading my Grandma astray!

My late father-in-law was a life-long teetotaller (drunkard as a father), but seeing that I enjoyed good wine, asked if he could try a glass. He couldn't get on with claret or dry white wine, but developed a taste for sweet dessert wines, so we regularly bought him a bottle.

After he complained of stonking headaches, I explained that he needn't drink it all in one go.

Leading astray again 🤣