Sightmark Wraith HD

Walker570

Hello, I have only read the specs but the weight puts me off, and as above a better I/R may be needed, have a look on this, Yukon Sightline N 450 S, (new model) better onboard I/R , lighter, good 400 yards, good dusk and dark nights , and 3 year warranty, £650 in optics warehouse, rrp £750, it's one I'm looking at to replace my old Photon, if the 450 has brightness control like my Photon you won't need I/R till late,  let me know what you think, 

Purchased one in January, problem with the unit not holding zero!!!

Cost me a couple of foxes, it was spot on for a couple of months then had an unexplained miss, checked zero it was a foot high and 3 inches to the right, rezeroed and thought thats sorted, missed the next fox so checked again, once again high and to the right.

Currently back at the dealer i purchased it for repair/replacement

Also agree the supplied IR is not great, purchased a Solaris torch which is great

Worryingly the dealer had encountered the problem before, it may be a software issue? Hoping to get the unit back next week fixed or replaced

Hi Arley  i did the update on mine even though there was no problem with it  as far as i can see it has not changed anything  plus you cant open the update files to see what it is updating 

45 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it was only to inform on what I/R torches I have tried and use, no detriment to your post advice, 

no problem

• 3 weeks later...

Been using a wraith on the .223 with a srx and have had no problems at all,the combination of Thermal spotter, wraith, IR, and rifle has accounted for a lot of foxes with no issues on zero,,,also used it daytime and can’t fault it, I haven’t updated as yet.... maybe I should !!!!!