Sekonda

peck

I have a Sekonda stainless steel cased watch that is water resistant to 50 metres i had taken the back off to try and fit a new battery myself, when i tried to put the back back on a found it would not go on so i took it to the jewellers who could not do it either. Is there anyone on here who could fit me a new battery and replace the back.

there will be a miniscle "o" ring make sure it is in the right place..apply a very small ammont of vasiline ...put the back in the freezer for an hour and then quickly press into position

check the number on the old battery see if it is the same as the new battery

Thanks for the replies but its someone with a machine that presses the back on the watch that i want, as i said the jewellers tried to do it but could not manage it. I would imagine that they would have a press but were afraid to damage it. 

Edited by peck

6 minutes ago, peck said:

Thanks for the replies but its someone with a machine that presses the back on the watch that i want, as i said the jewellers tried to do it but could not manage it. I would imagine that they would have a press but were afraid to damage it. 

You didn’t honestly think a genuinely waterproof watch you’d be able to just lever the back off and pop it back on again! 
Was over £100 to have a battery replacement carried out on my Breitling, sent off via Mallory’s had to be returned to Breitling to be done.  
Even being a cheaper brand I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still rather expensive for something you’d assume to be straightforward. 
Make a call to a decent jewellers will see you right!