ATN MARS Thermal scope

steve_b_wales

I have tried thermal and it can be very very good but...................... Using thermal alone is like having half of the tools. There are times when thermal works well and digital does not and there are other times when digital is better. Why have half a box of tools when you can have them all? I often spot with thermal and end up using digital to confirm the target. 

52 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

we ad the mars steve the screen kept freezing went back for repair twice, the shop took it back got full refund ended up with the pulsar xm50 never looked back great thermal

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

I have tried thermal and it can be very very good but...................... Using thermal alone is like having half of the tools. There are times when thermal works well and digital does not and there are other times when digital is better. Why have half a box of tools when you can have them all? I often spot with thermal and end up using digital to confirm the target. 

To be honest, I've been thinking the same. I've got a thermal spotter and a PARD 007. I just 'fancied' a thermal scope. 

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

Evening all, i’ve been doing the same thermal for spotting and a pard 007 on The rifle I find it’s a good combination, I’m always thinking about identification sometimes with the thermal it’s a little difficult to identify what you’re looking at unless its side on but the more I use the thermal the better I seem to be at identifying things maybe it’s just getting used to the way it works definitely a game changer for me though use it for everything now, I can see where you’re coming from about a thermal scope there’s been times when I thought a thermal scope would be nice, I think I’m gonna wait for awhile for them to get a little bit better And a lot cheaper😂

regards sf1

Edited by silver fox 1

10 hours ago, Dougy said:

I'm using xq50 ? And Archer.

I've been thinking of moving with the times but u really can't see it would give me enough benefit to justify the costs. My only "want" is to be able to rangefind at night, but that's just to be naughty. 

I've got a NV rangefinder that I used to use with my Pulsar N750A. It's good and you can see the 'flashing' symbol when looking through the scope. 

19 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Evening all, i’ve been doing the same thermal for spotting and a pard 007 on The rifle I find it’s a good combination, I’m always thinking about identification sometimes with the thermal it’s a little difficult to identify what you’re looking at unless its side on but the more I use the thermal the better I seem to be at identifying things maybe it’s just getting used to the way it works definitely a game changer for me though use it for everything now, I can see where you’re coming from about a thermal scope there’s been times when I thought a thermal scope would be nice, I think I’m gonna wait for awhile for them to get a little bit better And a lot cheaper😂

regards sf1

They are very very good now but the entry level stuff at around £3k - £4k would not work for me. I can do all I need with the drone and themal spotter so cannot justify £8k -£10K for one of the very good thermals. It all depends on need, I guess and the conditions you go out in. If we had a pretty dry climate then I might be persuaded by themal.