Hacked

Mice!

4 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Loved my shell suit back in the early 90's while in the Army, 6 months of Swimming training a year lived in speedo's or a shell suit.

Bring back the shell suit, so what if they were highly flammabe and dangerous lol.

90/91, Sports afternoon Wednesday - I done volleyball in the winter - taught windsurfing in the summer  - come Wednesday evening - in the room shared with 3 others and Harry Enfield came on - Scouse **** I think it was called

image.png.86111c0da140b9766364c8a245f37419.png

And my room mates turned round and looked at me - yep - I had a shell suit and a moustache (no perm thank your deity!!) and considered me a Scouser even though I came from St Helens!!!

2 hours ago, discobob said:

90/91, Sports afternoon Wednesday - I done volleyball in the winter - taught windsurfing in the summer  - come Wednesday evening - in the room shared with 3 others and Harry Enfield came on - Scouse **** I think it was called

image.png.86111c0da140b9766364c8a245f37419.png

And my room mates turned round and looked at me - yep - I had a shell suit and a moustache (no perm thank your deity!!) and considered me a Scouser even though I came from St Helens!!!

dosnt Eddie Waring live there

3 hours ago, discobob said:

considered me a Scouser even though I came from St Helens!!!

Say OH! I'm a plastic scouser!! 😅😅

I did a screenshot, and if you scrolled to the bottom every single new post was from the same poster in every section pretty much, I'd post it but then it's out there again. 

17 minutes ago, discobob said:

Right - name your place and time!! Queensbury rules will apply - unless I am loosing 😂😂

I’m a wooleyback and proud of it

Sorry with the fake accent I didn't quite catch that 😅😅

And I'm officially a Lobbygobbler 💪💪

10 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Can't be a wooleyback if you are from north of the river.

Sorry - your wrong - according to urban dictionary anyway - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wooly back

10 hours ago, Mice! said:

And I'm officially a Lobbygobbler 💪💪

worse than scousers :D

9 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Calm down, calm down!

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

R KID.

are you saying that ar mam is better than ar nan - eh? eh?

4 hours ago, discobob said:

anyone who lives in Golborne or further from St Helens is a pie eater

In the Wigan area, people from Golborne were known as Golborne Gobbins ! 

I never understood why scousers called us woolybacks, St Helens is an industrial town and outlying farms were nearly all arable, not sheep.  It would have been more accurate to also call us pie eaters.@discobobWere you weaned on Pimbletts pies? - I was- grey meat with watery potatoes smothered with ketchup! -  The height of fast food! Urgh!!

@Mice!- I thought you were a  Leighther not a lobbygobbler?

Edited by Sciurus
Spelling

13 hours ago, Sciurus said:

I never understood why scousers called us woolybacks, St Helens is an industrial town and outlying farms were nearly all arable, not sheep

It was down to outsiders when there were action on the docks who would come in and do the work - the wool from the sacks would stick to their "scabs"

Were you weaned on Pimbletts pies? 

I was - nowt wrong with the orignals (not the ones they have now)!!

9 hours ago, discobob said:

It was down to outsiders when there were action on the docks who would come in and do the work - the wool from the sacks would stick to their "scabs"

Well, that’s another thing I had learned from this thread! Thanks 

I wonder why it just seems to be applied to St Helens folk and not say Prescot or Widnes etc?