Reversing single phase motor

old'un

7 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

There are only two electrical connections to swap round when you take the earth out of the equation! 

There are 4 wires that I presume are, black A1 and A2 and red Z1 and Z2, so what do I change over?

Im not anything close to an electrician being colour blind (bit of a disadvantage) but having a dad that was a computer engineer back in the days when ERNIE was around i had a very young interest that he wanted me to pursue. Around 9 or 10  I would read though loads of basic Electronics' books, learning resistor colour coding, capacitor needs and sorting out old glass valves into there respective uses in an old cutlery cabinet. (could never get into silly fictitious story books) Things like this i kind of remember very vaguely. 

32 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Loads on tinternet

Thanks Dougy but that diagram is a little lost on me, all I am looking for is which wires to swap over, doing a bit of a search on the internet it looks like I need to swap Z1 (red wire) with Z2 (red wire), if I don't come back latter I have blown the shed up or at best set it on fire.

8 minutes ago, old'un said:

Thanks Dougy but that diagram is a little lost on me, all I am looking for is which wires to swap over, doing a bit of a search on the internet it looks like I need to swap Z1 (red wire) with Z2 (red wire), if I don't come back latter I have blown the shed up or at best set it on fire.

It was just a pointer really, loads of info out there, when you do decide which to swap over just use an extension cable before you switch on LOL 

3 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

There was a well known mnemonic for that, but I wouldn't dare post it on a web forum nowadays.

Use Race instead 👍