Game phox

Steve brownell

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you bought one of these but my experience... bought one of these in Jan this year from a local gun store, mainly to practice my rifle shooting prior to DSC1 shooting test so it hasn't had a hard life by any means.

Having put 400 pellets through it: 

• O-ring sheared off pellet probe - no replacement o-rings in the supplied spares from gamo
  • O-ring snapped in magazine - no replacement o-rings in the supplied spares from gamo 
  • Bolt wouldn't feed properly any more

Took the gun back to the shop, their advice - buy a new mag. £70!!? No thanks, 2x packs of orings off ebay and the pellet probe now seals and mag holds pellets again. Bolt feed seemed related to the position of the mag/oring being slightly proud of the seat, but seems also to recur now and again. And after all the above, re-zeroing and test firing another 20 pellets there seems to be a catch on the bolt that isn't engaging intermittently which prevents it from cycling. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/09/2021 at 11:29, kentish said:

Don't know if you bought one of these but my experience... bought one of these in Jan this year from a local gun store, mainly to practice my rifle shooting prior to DSC1 shooting test so it hasn't had a hard life by any means.

Having put 400 pellets through it: 

• O-ring sheared off pellet probe - no replacement o-rings in the supplied spares from gamo
  • O-ring snapped in magazine - no replacement o-rings in the supplied spares from gamo 
  • Bolt wouldn't feed properly any more

Took the gun back to the shop, their advice - buy a new mag. £70!!? No thanks, 2x packs of orings off ebay and the pellet probe now seals and mag holds pellets again. Bolt feed seemed related to the position of the mag/oring being slightly proud of the seat, but seems also to recur now and again. And after all the above, re-zeroing and test firing another 20 pellets there seems to be a catch on the bolt that isn't engaging intermittently which prevents it from cycling. 

Hello, did you get the rifle sorted, ?

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did you get the rifle sorted, ?

Actually it got worse, it's no longer intermittent, but won't cycle at all. I think it's the trigger sear. I emailed Gamo who said first instance take it back to the gun shop,  and otherwise contact BSA, with a link to their contact page on their site. Broken link, page not found. Actually there are no contact details at all on the BSA website!

I would rather not deal with the gun shop (see above) but phoned them and they reluctantly told me to bring it in for them to look at (whilst insinuating it's my fault for being too rough with the bolt ("these are cheap rifles you'll break the sears if you're too happy slappy with it". ***).

I understand this could happen with any rifle, but based on my experience, I would avoid buying one of these.

1 minute ago, kentish said:

Actually it got worse, it's no longer intermittent, but won't cycle at all. I think it's the trigger sear. I emailed Gamo who said first instance take it back to the gun shop,  and otherwise contact BSA, with a link to their contact page on their site. Broken link, page not found. Actually there are no contact details at all on the BSA website!

I would rather not deal with the gun shop (see above) but phoned them and they reluctantly told me to bring it in for them to look at (whilst insinuating it's my fault for being too rough with the bolt ("these are cheap rifles you'll break the sears if you're too happy slappy with it". ***).

I understand this could happen with any rifle, but based on my experience, I would avoid buying one of these.

Hello, sorry to hear that, BSA will not deal direct and they are snowed under with returns, , if still under warrant take it back and get a refund , the RFD is taking the pee , any other RFDs in your area ?