Rolex submariner

Mungler

I have 3 for sale all 16610 model.

1 is a Zubmariner, apparently.

Boxes and certificates from where I bought them but that’s it.

They are currently with a local jeweller who had them sent off and checked out. He’s confirmed one is a zubmariner - news to me and yes I had to Google it. That’s a Brucey bonus as I can’t find a Zub for under £10k

There’s no Date Subs on eBay under £8k. 

Looking for £7.5k for each, and £8.5k for the zub. 

£22k for all 3, and I’ve agreed 10% to the jewellers charity of choice (where the watches are).

670A753E-091A-4CF0-8101-E52814DC30E6.jpeg

Edited by Mungler

Lovely watches and great investments….I knock myself for not buying a green ‘hulk’ before they were discontinued, not that one would have been easy to obtain anyway! 
I’ll mention these to a friend who is a collector also. 
Surprised you have three watches of the same model? 

18 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Lovely watches and great investments….I knock myself for not buying a green ‘hulk’ before they were discontinued, not that one would have been easy to obtain anyway! 
I’ll mention these to a friend who is a collector also. 
Surprised you have three watches of the same model? 

They have several on Watchfinder and usually have several on there. They did a couple years ago when I was also looking. 

I also kick myself for not buying one of the Hulks as I instead stuck the money into my ISA.

I think the Hulk has gone up in Value more than my stocks and shares 🤣, although I’d have to wear it not just sit it in a box. 

37 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They have several on Watchfinder and usually have several on there. They did a couple years ago when I was also looking. 

I also kick myself for not buying one of the Hulks as I instead stuck the money into my ISA.

I think the Hulk has gone up in Value more than my stocks and shares 🤣, although I’d have to wear it not just sit it in a box. 

100% the same, I’d have to wear one too and would have still gained a lot more in profit than 7k in any savings account!  

I bought a Breitling Colt as my first proper ‘watch’ some years ago from a friend who worked in Goldsmiths for around 2k. At the time I tried on a Hulk and was in love with it but couldn’t justify the 6k odd they were then……if I’d known what I know now obviously I’d have bought one 😂

I wouldn’t pay the over inflated cost they fetch secondhand nowadays for one though. 

53 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

100% the same, I’d have to wear one too and would have still gained a lot more in profit than 7k in any savings account!  

I bought a Breitling Colt as my first proper ‘watch’ some years ago from a friend who worked in Goldsmiths for around 2k. At the time I tried on a Hulk and was in love with it but couldn’t justify the 6k odd they were then……if I’d known what I know now obviously I’d have bought one 😂

I wouldn’t pay the over inflated cost they fetch secondhand nowadays for one though. 

They were £10k when I looked at them after finishing Uni. 

Almost double that now. 

A good return indeed. 

54 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They were £10k when I looked at them after finishing Uni. 

Almost double that now. 

A good return indeed. 

If you could/can get to the front of the waiting list and buy them new at retail cost they were and still are realistic money, but due to the exclusivity of the brand and being so hard to get hold of new the secondhand market is crazy for them!! 
And discontinuing sought after models pushes the prices up even further 😭

On 07/08/2021 at 15:47, Wilts#Dave said:

If you could/can get to the front of the waiting list and buy them new at retail cost they were and still are realistic money, but due to the exclusivity of the brand and being so hard to get hold of new the secondhand market is crazy for them!! 
And discontinuing sought after models pushes the prices up even further 😭

Unfortunately Rolex AD’s don’t have waiting lists any longer where stainless sports models are concerned . They have “preference” lists where the likelihood of you getting a call is greatly increased if you spend with them, jewellery, gold, less desirable Rolex etc. Anyone who thinks they can walk into an AD with no previous purchase history and get a call at some time in the future on any of the desirable models will be waiting a long time. 

1 hour ago, ashtons99 said:

Unfortunately Rolex AD’s don’t have waiting lists any longer where stainless sports models are concerned . They have “preference” lists where the likelihood of you getting a call is greatly increased if you spend with them, jewellery, gold, less desirable Rolex etc. Anyone who thinks they can walk into an AD with no previous purchase history and get a call at some time in the future on any of the desirable models will be waiting a long time. 

Absolutely, I’m well aware of this. 
A friend who’s an avid watch purchaser is very well acquainted with a local dealer and for example recently acquired a new 36mm explorer purely through having a good relationship with them and then offering it to him, so I know how it works! The submariners are even harder to be chosen for of course. 
Hence the inflated secondhand market for people who don’t wish to go down that route, the dealers frown upon anyone buying to sell for profit hence the selection process 😂

• 1 month later...