Just look at this mess.

JDog

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, enfieldspares said:

The council here now charges for some waste to be taken to the council refuse tip and loads need to be booked and all other annoyances and hinderances. Then they wonder why folk fly tip.

Much the same here; I visit a clays ground near a local tip (but not my local tip) and I'm not allowed to take any recycling etc there.  It was therefore convenient to drop in there when shooting to take items for recycling.  Now I have instead to drive 10 miles in the opposite direction to go to my allocated tip.  In the past they never used to check, or if you were asked the staff there were helpful and accepted it was the practical thing - but now you have (apparently) to book in advance and show proof of residence in the area for that tip.

Madness - you should be given every possible encouragement to dispose of material for either proper recycling or correct safe disposal - not have everything made as difficult, expensive and bureaucratic as possible.

looks like a murder scene.

The tips dont help, charge for so called commercial waste to be tipped, check that your not dropping anything off that may be connected with trade. If you go too often they start to track your visits. I was going to be charged £3 a bag of rubble, told them im not surprised the amount of fly tipping has increased over the years. 

My mate had some plasterboard to tip. Booked it in, started putting it in Plasterboard skip. Got verbally abused by a Yellow jacket as he put an empty paper plaster bag full of plasterboard offcuts in. Had to climb in skip and tip it out. Then got told off again as some board had kingspan on the back of it. That had to be thrown in the Non recyclable skip that had a big sign stating NO PLASTERBOARD, then they were going to bury it

I use an app on my phone called 'Fix my street' to report flytipping etc. 

Its easy to use. You take a photo of the rubbish,write a brief report like what it is and where then send. Provided you have your GPS switched on it will pinpoint exactly where you are but adding info like next to bus shelter on Hart Lane helps the crews who attend. Then send After you verify the report, it gets sent to the local council of that area for them to deal with.

Over the years i've used it dozens of times to report items like 150 litres of used cooking oil, a dildo, a fleshlight, syringes, bags of grass cuttings plus the usual builders waste.

Hello, on my friends farm someone dumped 2 metal bed heads, at night, good job we have a skip for scrap metal, I can see this getting worse with cuts in council tips hours or none at all , over in Didcot they caught a chap dumping rubbish, heavy fine 👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

The council here now charges for some waste to be taken to the council refuse tip and loads need to be booked and all other annoyances and hinderances. Then they wonder why folk fly tip. And the cost of clearing it falls on the landowner. 

This mainly.  I had a local small shopkeper took a few folded cardboard boxes to our local rubbish tip and he was turned away because he answered honestly when asked if they were from a retail business.  Any wonder people just tip on the side of the road.

20 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

This mainly.  I had a local small shopkeper took a few folded cardboard boxes to our local rubbish tip and he was turned away because he answered honestly when asked if they were from a retail business.  Any wonder people just tip on the side of the road.

Exactly. 

I vented at a yellow vest at my local tip, asking how much its costing local council to clean up after fly tipping, it was rather a difficult question for the guy, and no way was i expecting an answer, so why did i ask 😃

I suppose the answer is, its creating jobs for someone ???

It's not wonder people do when trying to do it right you get charged, now my garden waste is £50 a year, so basically I pay alot for council tax then an extra £50 for garden waste that I cannot compost, damn expensive sticker I bought, and now pingdemic means no collections for upto 6weeks... At the time of year is actually need it to be!!!

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

Over the years i've used it dozens of times to report items like 150 litres of used cooking oil, a dildo, a fleshlight, syringes, bags of grass cuttings plus the usual builders waste.

Next time 'phone me. There's things there a "certain sort" of single man could have a lot of fun with on his own....as I've a work colleague that just about fits that description...especially if you could round up a sheep or two besides...

Edited by enfieldspares

Over lockdown a lot of people were resorting to the "man with a van" who advertised dump runs. Few people caught out paying them to take the rubbish away thinking it was going to the recycling centres only to find they drove up some quiet lane in the transit tipper body and fly tipped it. Couple of days later plod was at their door as among their rubbish they found addressed letters so were able to trace where it came from.

Travellers make a business out of it while on the hunt for the usual scrap metal

A few Saturdays ago, I was on my way home from a pest control , job , and spotted a van , with a scumbag dumping stuff out of the back , onto a gateway  of  new industrial estate.  The  van was  nose in and the doors were open , so no No plate visible.

I phoned Cheshire plod immediately .    The person who answered was more bothered about who I was,  and where I had been , than what I was reporting.

Sure enough , the van  finished his dumping , and drove off before I got to speak to a police person , so I just hung up.

Someone dumped on land owned by my mother in law, I went through it to find the house it came from then their builder then their “tip man”. I tricked him into a meeting and a dispute occurred, the police were involved. Rubbish disappeared overnight nonetheless. Mother in law was furious...with ME! 🤣 for “bringing danger into our lives”. Was 100% worth it but can easily imagine a scenario in which I would lose my tickets or be the victim of arson etc. 

See it every where fly tipping , people carrying stuff for a picnic and leaving the rubbish where they sat , people even carping in gateways , now mrs says from next year if you take anything to local tip you’ve got to pay even though it’s already been paid for via our council tax the problem will only get worse 

Some years ago Peterborough City Council tried to implement charging for collection of large items where previously two collections per year had been free.

They changed their collective minds after a while as it was costing more to send a team around the local countryside collecting the mess that was dumped.

Business vehicles can only dump waste if a licence is applied for and granted. Easy to do, but many are too lazy!

Unfortunately the sentence if you are caught and successfully prosecuted is pointless, so this fly tipping will continue.

19 hours ago, JDog said:

Yesterday out scouting I came across this pile of rubbish left by a pile of rubbish on a rape stubble. Words fail me when I see this sort of thing.

Pictures rubbish.jpg

1. Fact.............the maximum penalty for fly tipping is £50.000 quid and or 12 mths inside
  2. In most cases it can be identified  who does it....many cases trail cams have been used...but prosicutions never result.:hmm:

when was the last time someone received this penalty or even convicted..?.............isnt it about time the law....our law...the peoples law was implemented ?

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

isnt it about time the law....our law...the peoples law was implemented

And that could apply to so many crimes, not just fly tipping. 

When these things do go to trial (like Extinction Rebellion for obstructing traffic and property damage) either the jury doesn't convict or sentence is either nothing, or minimal.