Case Renovation

5 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

I haven’t posted anything for a while as I don’t like blowing my own trumpet, however I’m particularly pleased with this case I have done for a chap. It involved a recovering the outside which I have not done for a number of years. 

before 

8454D4C3-C1F9-4F72-928B-C13BCDB095A7.jpeg

EC30F412-A535-421D-92BE-1B99372838E6.jpeg

A380B85F-548A-4313-A926-A26DEFDF7E91.jpeg

After 

1038E044-27DD-4BC7-A308-9B4D59402262.jpeg

464D9593-F21C-4C37-9202-6508C7A48488.jpeg

ECE44949-F488-448E-9BD5-ACA5C051110E.jpeg

F23A981D-CB15-440E-9809-D946ED80C707.jpeg

Wow, fantastic job!

• 1 month later...

The case looks fantastic how clever you are.

Is it possible to clean the canvas on an old canvas and leather gun case it is in good order but a bit stained  and patchy colour wise  .

it just needs tidying up a bit  .  I wondered about recolouring it with something a bit darker to cover up the stained bits 

Any advice would be welcome.

Edited by swan40

2 hours ago, swan40 said:

Is it possible to clean the canvas on an old canvas and leather gun case it is in good order but a bit stained  and patchy colour wise  .

it just needs tidying up a bit  .  I wondered about recolouring it with something a bit darker to cover up the stained bits 

Watching any reply with interest as I have a case requiring similar TLC.

OB

Acrylic fabric paint? A few pictures may help.

You can use renovate canvas cleaner the cleaner used on soft tops of cars , however there is the danger that the canvas may lift away. If the canvas is in good condition a soft scrub over with a good hand wire brush then hoover off the dust, wear a mask due to the dust, if it’s a pitch canvas (black finish ) black boot polish. I hope this is of help

Thank you Alan I will give it a try

What about recolouring it with perhaps cream shoe polish , as there are lots of colours and I have seen it used for old army webbing and it came out well.

Sorry if its a stupid question but thought it might be usefull to be able to cover up some of the bad stained areas . I am not trying to make it look new  just sympatheticly

tart it up a bit.

Again thank you for any help 

Thank you Alan I will give it a try

What about recolouring it with perhaps cream shoe polish , as there are lots of colours and I have seen it used for old army webbing and it came out well.

Sorry if its a stupid question but thought it might be usefull to be able to cover up some of the bad stained areas . I am not trying to make it look new  just sympatheticly

tart it up a bit.

Again thank you for any help 

The thing is, you really need to when possible keep things original as possible a vintage case should not look pristine if you put polish on it it will look like you have put polish on it.if you could post some pictures I could possibly advise