David Cameron. I misjudged this man.

JDog

15 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Surely your not suggesting Farage would turn down a similar payday for similar work? 

I believe the difference is, he probably wouldn't if it didn't line up with his morels. Take brexit for instance, I don't think there's a figure on earth he could be bribed with to get him to argue for rejoining the EU under current terms. Love him or loath him, I'd definitely suggest he's a man of his convictions, unlike Cameron and most others in government who will sell whatever line is beneficial to their own personal circumstances. 

On 10/08/2021 at 12:59, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I watched that Tv programme last night Jd , all those investors taken for a bumpy ride and will loose a lot of money, and the bank ??, while Cameroon and his Greensill mate pockets millions, I wonder what will become of the Serious Fraud Squad enquiry , I can just imagine them both in the dock, Please your Lordship it wasn't our fault, sniff sniff, 10 years would take the smile off their faces 👍, no chance of txt ing from HMS Hotel 😆 the reporter done a good job 👍

Hello, I like him, tells it how it is !!!!!

My son was working on contract to Greensill at the time of folding and is owed about £12,000  with no chance of getting it now.So you have an idea of my feelings for Cameron and co.

On 10/08/2021 at 11:37, JDog said:

Throughout his time in office I thought he was a decent individual with a good moral compass. He even did a 'Lord Carrington' and resigned when the Country voted for Brexit, a vote that he instigated despite his stated aim of keeping the UK in the EU.

Now I read that he made £7m in a short time working as a 'part time advisor' to Greensill Capital before that Company collapsed. That included an annual salary of £720,000 and share options worth £3.3m. When it was obvious that Greensill would collapse Cameron sent 56 messages to Ministers and Senior Civil Servants in order to persuade them that the Bank of England should invest £10bn of Tax payers money to rescue the Company.

Sorry to differ JD but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw his. Like my old Sergeant told me back in 1962, "Lad, check their eyes out first, tells you a lot about a bloke"

On 10/08/2021 at 18:56, 12gauge82 said:

I'm amazed anyone was taken in by him, talking of his idea of the big society where we're all in it together, what a crock of ****. 

Not to mention the Panama papers. 

Farage is probably the most honest politician out there at the moment. 

I was chanel hopping last night and clicked on to the slot he's doing  on GBNews it was amusing to say the least !

12 minutes ago, scolopax said:

And? He left political office as a relatively young man, our politicians are paid pitifully, he should be free to earn a living to the best of his abilities so long as it is legal, or should there be some form of salary cap just because he was a politician?

I think you've missed the point. It's not proven but It appears he's used his former position as PM to gain financial benefit from an employer by influencing his former colleagues. 

On 10/08/2021 at 11:37, JDog said:

Throughout his time in office I thought he was a decent individual with a good moral compass. He even did a 'Lord Carrington' and resigned when the Country voted for Brexit, a vote that he instigated despite his stated aim of keeping the UK in the EU.

Now I read that he made £7m in a short time working as a 'part time advisor' to Greensill Capital before that Company collapsed. That included an annual salary of £720,000 and share options worth £3.3m. When it was obvious that Greensill would collapse Cameron sent 56 messages to Ministers and Senior Civil Servants in order to persuade them that the Bank of England should invest £10bn of Tax payers money to rescue the Company.

Just doing what the political elite seem to do?