Ammunition cabinet

steve_b_wales

1 hour ago, Windswept said:

I've done this. The only problem is when you have to clear it out to put another gun in...

On a serious note, take care of the weight if it's going in the attic and you're tempted to fill it.

I've got 4 gun cabinets already, and 1 ammo' cabinet. I've got so much home loaded ammunition. plus other calibres, that a gun cabinet would be more suitable. I've still got room in one gun cabinet for 'something else'. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've got 4 gun cabinets already, and 1 ammo' cabinet. I've got so much home loaded ammunition. plus other calibres, that a gun cabinet would be more suitable. I've still got room in one gun cabinet for 'something else'. 

I have a gun cabinet fitted out to take reloads. Fortunately I am only allowed 200 rounds in each c/f calibre and 600 r/f so I dont need so much space. Old gun cabinets are as cheap as chips. 

19 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Not sure how much ammo you are wanting to store but I've got one of these for home  https://www.screwfix.com/p/smith-locke-40et2040-electronic-combination-safe-39-5ltr/1589x all be it with a different lock fitted.

Not big enough, quite like.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Single-Door-Storage-container-/154564384161?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

6 hours ago, spandit said:

I bought a proper safe for my ammo but it's too heavy to lift it to put it where it's needed so it's still out in the barn (where I was painting it)

20210723_155614.jpg.a19cd295edc04af01bf19be58f017341.jpg20210720_192708.jpg.b243c718aa9d394e2aa6dc9d8a51937c.jpg

Wait till you fill it with ammo! We had to use a telehandler to move it out of the office.