Any one used “we buy any car”

Essex Keeper

Don’t trust the price quote, when you get there they will inspector and make any excuses to pay you less. Took a immaculate low mileage Ford to them and they found a small stone chip on roof and offered several hundred less than the quote. I got much more a local Ford garage

dont bother unless you want peanuts for your car  as above you will get an online quote that is not enough but pulls you in and when they check your vehicle they will offer you less as they know most people using webuyanycar are desperate to offload the car/van if it is in good saleable condition autotrader is your best bet or offer it on p/w for one of us 

It is worth getting a price from them, they do charge £99 admin fee 

If on fb it is worth a go as I had more luck in fb than auto trader.

Also if you know what you want for it you could always try your local 4x4 sales to see if they want to buy 

There’s a company called Motorway that will sell your car to traders around the country. We sold 2 cars through them and the service was spot on. I got about £800 more than what I wanted on one, they could of pocketed the difference and I wouldn’t of known but they were spot on. I sent them the pictures and details Monday, sold the next day and collected by the end of the week. As long as you’re honest about any issues they won’t haggle you down.

Sold my last 2 cars with them, very easy, all done and dusted in 40 mins, their prices at present are excelent as their is a shortage of motors available, put my mate onto them aswell and he got £3k more than the main dealer would offer him for his audi. They will knock you down about £70 a ding (minor) but thats not unreasonable, give it a go and if you like the price quoted take it down there, you literally have nothing to lose as you can walk away up to the point of sale. The vehicles all go straight to auction on a high volume, low profit model.

Another vote for Motorway as recommended by JTaylor91.

They needed very definite photo angles which was a bit of a pain as I had to keep on re doing them but when their offer came in it was as expected and the money was paid before collection as one would expect.

3 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I just put my car details into We Buy Any Car and Motorway for a comparison. WBAC £19000 Motorway £20800.

That's very close to 10% more.

Motorway offered slightly more for mine but they never returned emails to take it any further, WBAC you then just book an appointment to progress, easy to offer more money if you dont intend to take it further but some people seem to get on ok with it

15 hours ago, Charliedog said:

Motorway offered slightly more for mine but they never returned emails to take it any further, WBAC you then just book an appointment to progress, easy to offer more money if you dont intend to take it further but some people seem to get on ok with it

Surprised they didn’t contact you, I had a call pretty much straight away and then the rest was through WhatsApp.

18 hours ago, Charliedog said:

Motorway have emailed me several times and called. I guess some cars are wanted more than others on any particular day.  

On 14/08/2021 at 19:25, Mightymariner said:

WBAC is owned by BCA so it makes sense that they reduce their prices when you get there as they are simply gathering auction stock.

By the way, Cinch is also owned by BCA, so they have completed the car buying and selling circle.

If all , or most of the cars they buy go to auction , then is it possible the seller bypass the above buyers and put the motor in the auction yourself and then you cut out the so called middle men ?:hmm:

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

If all , or most of the cars they buy go to auction , then is it possible the seller bypass the above buyers and put the motor in the auction yourself and then you cut out the so called middle men ?

But many people do not want the hassle, so use these middle men.

If all , or most of the cars they buy go to auction , then is it possible the seller bypass the above buyers and put the motor in the auction yourself and then you cut out the so called middle men ?

No because they will charge you a hefty sellers fee, much more than they charge the big boys and of course they charge themselves nothing. They will put all their own cars on at the beginning when everyone is keen.

Your car will go on right at the end when everybody has already spent their money and /or gone home

Edited by Vince Green

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But many people do not want the hassle, so use these middle men.

Unless things have changed Dave when I took a car several year ago to a big car auction on the out skirts of Norwich it was totally hassle free , you gave them your papers and the car keys and that was more or less it , now a days some of the smaller auction houses sell cars but the seller fees are high and if you don't put a reserve on then you take your chances , if you have got a old motor or a non runner then you might do better to take it to a car breakers , they can sell a lot of the parts and the rest of the motor can go for scrap , and who knows it might come back from the melting pot as steel shot :hmm: