Prince Andrew

TIGHTCHOKE

There are many reasons that an investigation gets dropped by the CPS and I am sure the same reasons will have been used by the Met. Police leadership and its advisors. These can be such as insufficient evidence, no realistic likelihood of conviction, not in the public interest and several other reasons.

Edited by enfieldspares

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

There are many reasons that an investigation gets dropped by the CPS and I am sure the same reasons will have been used by the Met. Police leadership and its advisors. These can be such as insufficient evidence, no realistic likelihood of conviction, not in the public interest and several other reasons.

Or the Commissioners knight hood up the swanney ?? 

Don't quote me on it but I believe its something in the region of 1% of reported rapes actually go on to a conviction. Add into the picture a complex case, the amount of time past and virtually unlimited funds for top representation for the accused if he is guilty, that mix is very likey going to lead to very little in the uk. I wouldn't know the picture in the USA

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

damage has already been done...................cant imajine him going back into circulation and all his mates and hangers on shaking him by the hand saying "so glad you've got away with it old chap...."

Suits him very well probably, all of the perks, none of the irks?

Plenty of ground to loose himself in?

1 hour ago, old man said:

Suits him very well probably, all of the perks, none of the irks?

Plenty of ground to loose himself in?

he will get board with that............he likes the adoration and the bowing and scraping  ....makes him feel superior..he will desperatly miss that...

• 2 months later...

BBC are reporting that a Judge in America has thrown out Andy's legal teams challenge against one of the civil actions!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/judge-prince-andrew-cant-halt-170038620-172117443.html

And the Guardian;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/01/prince-andrew-lawsuit-virginia-giuffre-effort-block-rejected

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

It turns out she was paid off by Epstein years ago to the tune of half a million and signed a non disclosure.

She has already made millions in hush money from other alleged people she slept with.

Hardly paints a picture of a poor little victim does it  ? Serial extortion more like it.

I reckon she thought Andrew would cough up like the others and he hasn't

10 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It turns out she was paid off by Epstein years ago to the tune of half a million and signed a non disclosure.

She has already made millions in hush money from other alleged people she slept with.

Hardly paints a picture of a poor little victim does it  ? Serial extortion more like it.

I reckon she thought Andrew would cough up like the others and he hasn't

didnt know she had already done this to other people....................if that is the case ....Andrew might get away with this ...judjment due soon i think

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Hardly paints a picture of a poor little victim does it  ?

Paints a picture of a successful young 'call girl' who was probably quite happy at the time to be earning well and being private jetted around the world - who on getting older and with family has found a way (no doubt suggested by lawyers taking a big slice of any wins) to use her old career in a new way.

I'm not defending anyone, but I don't think she was an innocent party either

If she wins, I will guess her press releases will be words to the effect

" This was never about the multi million dollar settlement I have just won, I only wanted justice"

As far as Andrew is concerned, whether he stops this case or not. The damage has been done and his reputation trashed but He can blame no one other than himself"

Andrew can't have it both ways. Either he is not covered by the agreement or he is, which begs the question as to why he was covered.

Hard to imagine that he thinks he is covered in an agreement with a person he never met. A bit odd.

I trust justice will be done later today.

4 hours ago, TRINITY said:

If she wins, I will guess her press releases will be words to the effect

" This was never about the multi million dollar settlement I have just won, I only wanted justice"

As far as Andrew is concerned, whether he stops this case or not. The damage has been done and his reputation trashed but He can blame no one other than himself"

He didn't have much of a reputation to spoil!

Found this in the general news .

Giuffre agreed to drop her civil claims against Epstein in exchange for $500,000, and freely agreed this would 

"forever discharge… any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant… from all, and all manner of, action and actions of Virginia Roberts, including state or federal…” representing “a final resolution of a disputed claim and is intended to avoid litigation. 

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Andrew can't have it both ways. Either he is not covered by the agreement or he is, which begs the question as to why he was covered.

Hard to imagine that he thinks he is covered in an agreement with a person he never met. A bit odd.

I trust justice will be done later today.

Thinking on, about the unconfirmed wordings from both sides.

If he never met as alleged?

Possibly according to the wording from sportsbobs post he, possibly could not be classed as a potential defendant? As not meeting would rule him out?

Andrew couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it, but I would like to see him under genuine pressure in a witness box.

Whoever wins tomorrow will appeal, so I fear it will drag on and overshadow the Queen's celebration later this year. Whether you are a monarchist or not, she deserves better. 

On 11/08/2021 at 08:21, JDog said:

That is a pretty unpleasant over simplistic view on this matter. She appears to be a vulnerable young girl enticed by Epstein into a scenario she would be unfamiliar with. My guess is that you do not and never have had a teenaged daughter.

’Hanging?’ Who said anything about hanging?

This a so called vulnerable young woman. She is invited to travel by private jet to a private tropical island by someone she apparently doesn't really know ..........  come on, would just any 17year old do that without speaking to parents and again where were her parents at the time?  I have no time for Epstein or Maxwell and their goings on but in my view it is not all one sided and I understand this innocent young lady has now signed a huge wage packet for NOT making allegations.

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

This a so called vulnerable young woman. She is invited to travel by private jet to a private tropical island by someone she apparently doesn't really know ..........  come on, would just any 17year old do that without speaking to parents and again where were her parents at the time?  I have no time for Epstein or Maxwell and their goings on but in my view it is not all one sided and I understand this innocent young lady has now signed a huge wage packet for NOT making allegations.

Agreed - and it happened on several occasions - in different countries over a period - all many years ago - and yet no complaint was made at the time - despite allegedly discussing it with another girl in similar situation.  She was making money then (and getting a taste for the lifestyle of big money) made (a lot more) with Epstein's 'hush money' and now sees an opportunity to make (much) more money and get lots of coverage in the press etc.

I also have no time for Epstein or Maxwell (or Andrew) and their goings on - but she is just cashing in (no doubt egged on by lawyers who will also be making big money).

46 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Agreed - and it happened on several occasions - in different countries over a period - all many years ago - and yet no complaint was made at the time - despite allegedly discussing it with another girl in similar situation.  She was making money then (and getting a taste for the lifestyle of big money) made (a lot more) with Epstein's 'hush money' and now sees an opportunity to make (much) more money and get lots of coverage in the press etc.

I also have no time for Epstein or Maxwell (or Andrew) and their goings on - but she is just cashing in (no doubt egged on by lawyers who will also be making big money).

Ever heard of grooming?

/M