New Gun and Lucky

wymberley

Got the used 725 20 bore in the hope that I can handle it. Two chokes in and 3 in the box along with a scrappy bit of something. Put the box to one side to concentrate on the gun. I have a load of 25gr cartridges but had a feeling I could manage 28 in view of the gun's weight so got some. Stuffed a few of each in opposing jacket pockets and went out to play. With the 25 I hardly knew that I'd pulled the trigger and the 28 weren't much different. No problem. Well, except at this point I noticed that we had a manual safety. Now, I've always used guns with auto safety and just to be on the safe side at my age, I thought I'd be wiser to correct this. Got a bit difficult so decided to let the RFD earn his keep. It looks like something that you'd throw in the bin, he said. The light came on. Would there be a very small roll pin with it, I asked? Yep, and I damned near threw it away. I collect my rifle after a stock adjustment on Friday and while I'm there the auto safety will be replaced in the 725.