Jack Russell pups

steve_b_wales

12 hours ago, telf said:

I dont think there are any reasonable prices for dogs anymore , they have gone through the roof  , you might be very lucky and find someone who breeds them for the breed and not to screw every penny out of you , good luck

I agree, and perhaps I should have said an 'average' price, although even that can vary. Long gone are the days when you could get a JR pup off a mate, and buy him a pint or give a fiver for it! My last JR bitch cost me £60 (reduced from £80 as the seller is a friend) back in 1996, and I had her for almost 17 years. I've been offered one for £800, 'reduced' from £1500 as the seller is a grandchild of an old school friend of mine. As mentioned, I would never pay £1500 for a JR pup.

Edited by steve_b_wales

If i put a plastic bucket for sale and i asked 500 for it and someone paid it you can bet your bottom dollar someone would put one up for sale for 600. 

Sorry but if people pay these prices you cant blame the sellers.

More fool those that part with the money. 

Jack Russel pups used to be 45 -55 most expensive i knew was 240 not including quarantine costs to Germany this was back in the late 80's, this was my mothers litter, cant believe how much they fetch nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

If i put a plastic bucket for sale and i asked 500 for it and someone paid it you can bet your bottom dollar someone would put one up for sale for 600. 

Sorry but if people pay these prices you cant blame the sellers.

More fool those that part with the money. 

Jack Russel pups used to be 45 -55 most expensive i knew was 240 not including quarantine costs to Germany this was back in the late 80's, this was my mothers litter, cant believe how much they fetch nowadays. 

Exactly. 

Much like anything else they are worth what the market sets. 

12 months ago there are a lot of pups that were worth £2,000+ … this is evidenced by the fact that people paid it. 

A lot of people moaned about it, but whilst they sat moaning they went without and others went and paid it. 

12 months later and I am seeing people getting stuck with pups that they are unable to sell. 

The opposite has happened and there is no demand.

I know of a bloke who turned up at someone’s the other day and bought 6x 12 week old Labrador pups all KC Reg because the breeder just wanted them gone. 

A lot of people are still trying to get the big money and holding out for it, they are the ones with several pups to sell long past when they should have left from what I am seeing. 

Our postman bought a chocolate lab  not too long ago its recently been put to sleep, too many issues with joints from feet to shoulders. Ongoing legal case with the breeder, supposedly puppy farm and misrepresentation scam using a private home to give the impression of a home bred litter.  

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

My Jack Russel pup in 1989 cost me an £8 bag of dog food.