Afghanistan

oowee

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see the Afghan president did a bunk taking millions of £££sss with him, ?

Of course he did, he’s a politician. 

27 minutes ago, Mice! said:

These 20,000 would make one hell of a strike force, rather than running away. 

I’m assuming quite a percentage will be women and children. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Well 12 hours later this is coming out, couldn’t have called that better. 

In exchange, China offered economic support and investment for Afghanistan's reconstruction. 

On Monday, China said it "welcomed" the chance to deepen ties with Afghanistan, a country that has for generations been coveted for its geo-strategic importance by bigger powers.

"The Taliban have repeatedly expressed their hope to develop good relations with China, and that they look forward to China's participation in the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan," foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told reporters.

3EC21FB9-34A5-4C3B-B69C-D432BD7B7053.png

... and yet another POV...

15 hours ago, henry d said:

I’d bet money on it.  China has dirt on Biden.  China as be licking its lips at Afghanistan.  Afghanistan has the largest lithium deposits in the world. Joe Biden will now push lithium battery cars on America.  Those batteries will be made in China.  America abandoned Afghanistan because China told him to.  

27 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I’d bet money on it.  China has dirt on Biden.  China as be licking its lips at Afghanistan.  Afghanistan has the largest lithium deposits in the world. Joe Biden will now push lithium battery cars on America.  Those batteries will be made in China.  America abandoned Afghanistan because China told him to.  

sell all you Lithium stocks now......they will only ever be used for power drills and torch batteries.........the smart money is on Hydrogen........

10 hours ago, scutt said:

To all those in government who think that this island can take another 20000 plus  I say OK we take in one vetted afghan for every illegal we deport.

That's another 5-10,000 houses less for low income UK Nationals then.

Not to worry though we have plenty of green fields left so we can soon build some more

On 19/08/2021 at 11:01, NoBodyImportant said:

On 19/08/2021 at 11:29, ditchman said:

sell all you Lithium stocks now......they will only ever be used for power drills and torch batteries.........the smart money is on Hydrogen........

Yup, pretty much.

So do they have pee tapes on Joe too?

The papers today are all full of questions about Biden's competence or his grasp on the situation. He still doesn't see  what the problem is.

Afghanistan was a NATO mission, in wasn't within his gift to just arbitrarily walk away. The American troops withdrew so quickly they left billions of dollars worth of kit behind including vehicles and even helicopters 

Now the vice president is literally in hiding. She won't come out to face the cameras. She presumably doesn't want guilt by association.

I never thought I would say this but I almost wish trump was back

54 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The papers today are all full of questions about Biden's competence or his grasp on the situation. He still doesn't see  what the problem is.

Afghanistan was a NATO mission, in wasn't within his gift to just arbitrarily walk away. The American troops withdrew so quickly they left billions of dollars worth of kit behind including vehicles and even helicopters 

Now the vice president is literally in hiding. She won't come out to face the cameras. She presumably doesn't want guilt by association.

I never thought I would say this but I almost wish trump was back

I heard this and can't find a source, but apparently it was fine because they took the keys with them. It can't be beyond the wit of some Taliban mechanical/technical guru to get past such high level of theft prevention as not having some keys!

The Americans have spent 20 years blowing stuff up. Couldn't they have spent another two days blowing up kit they can't take home so the Taliban aren't in possession of gunships and APC's?

If you had the keys to a black hawk would you be able to fly it? Would you have the technical knowledge to be able to repair it? Do you have the spares?

The usual thing to do in that situation was to incapacitate the tech or booby trap one or two bits so that they have to check every item. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

If you had the keys to a black hawk would you be able to fly it? Would you have the technical knowledge to be able to repair it? Do you have the spares?

The usual thing to do in that situation was to incapacitate the tech or booby trap one or two bits so that they have to check every item. 

No but you can sell it to the Russians who will be only too happy to learn its secrets, download its software etc

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Since they trained the afgan army to use and maintain all this kit and they've now defected or are under taliban rule, it doesn't take a genius to work out the taliban will soon have their own airforce and armoured divisions if the west doesn't do something about it. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Since they trained the afgan army to use and maintain all this kit and they've now defected or are under taliban rule, it doesn't take a genius to work out the taliban will soon have their own airforce and armoured divisions if the west doesn't do something about it. 

Maybe that's part of the alleged peace deal with USA?

19 minutes ago, ordnance said:

What do think Trump would have done differently, it was him that give the Taliban the green light that America was abandoning Afghanistan and started the ball rolling.

So it's trumps fault then ? 😄

Biden and his handlers have undone many things Trump did , why didn't they not cancel the withdrawal? 

They knew full well the ANA wouldn't last 5 minutes.

But let's deflect greasy Joe's dementia with a dig at trump's 'legacy'

A man who's still unable to use social media, yet the taliban are all good to tweet all day ?

Now you've got idiots guilt tripping us into taking in everyone who worked with us, 20000?  be 100000 before they've finished.

The Dover-calais dinghy run is about to get even busier , as everyone becomes 'Afghan fleeing taliban'