Afghanistan

oowee

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it appears things are starting to evolve as we predicted............the Taliban are realeasing some of their troops to go to other provinces as the war lords in those provinces are refusing to give up their power.............

this could/is going to get really nasty.........

On 22/08/2021 at 22:14, ditchman said:

it appears things are starting to evolve as we predicted............the Taliban are realeasing some of their troops to go to other provinces as the war lords in those provinces are refusing to give up their power.............

Looks like a right carp storm brewing. 

On 22/08/2021 at 22:14, ditchman said:

ISIS-K have started...............there is going to be tears at bedtime over this...some US troops wounded....children

what a to do

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

ISIS-K have started...............there is going to be tears at bedtime over this...some US troops wounded....children

what a to do

BBC suggesting up to 10 killed.

I'm betting its the taliban themselves trying to put pressure on

just listened to Biden's address to the nation about the loss of US personnel..........i think the "threat" he made to the ISIS-k at this stage in the evaquation was very stupid..........its just going to stir them up 

US presidents should really stop improving their %age points rating at the cost of what is going on in the real world....

thought Biden would know better....christ some of these politicians are increderbly thick 

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

just listened to Biden's address to the nation about the loss of US personnel..........i think the "threat" he made to the ISIS-k at this stage in the evaquation was very stupid..........its just going to stir them up 

US presidents should really stop improving their %age points rating at the cost of what is going on in the real world....

thought Biden would know better....christ some of these politicians are increderbly thick 

I have to disagree with your post. In your last line you said "some" but I think "most" is the word you were actually looking for. 

23 minutes ago, toontastic said:

I have to disagree with your post. In your last line you said "some" but I think "most" is the word you were actually looking for. 

what really shows them up....is when they have a general or 2 online at the same time..........christ those military guys are sooooo switched on....no bloody autoque.....says it like it is........

think Colin Powell would have made a good president...(dont know what went wrong there...something to do with the CIA contra thingy ? )

46 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Simple logic tells you it wasn't the taliban. 

Well ISIS-K is an offshoot of the haqqani network. The talibans head of security is a wanted terrorist who is also a leader in this network, a Mr Khalil haqqani. I wouldn't bet against the taliban being actively involved or at the least, having some knowledge that it was about to happen. 

The Taliban want to send out a message to the world that they are in control of Afghanistan. Yesterday's attack sends out the message that they aren't in control. No way would the Taliban be behind an attack that killed their own men as it goes against everything they are trying to portray to the world. 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

His address was nothing short of pathetic "we will hunt you down"  AS IF????? How is he ever going to do that? i

If he wants to bring the person really responsible to justice he just has to hand himself in. 

37 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

His address was nothing short of pathetic "we will hunt you down"  AS IF????? How is he ever going to do that? i

If he wants to bring the person really responsible to justice he just has to hand himself in. 

I thought Biden was more aware and orative? than usual - and a drone attack likely remains an option with Taliban approval possibly required for their mutual enemy - or even arrange that Taliban carry out the deed if intel warrants action.

Edited by Dave-G

i will lay money that the last plane out.........the sky's will be FULL of drones ....gunships....jets.....all with infa-red stuff ..

rekon they will fly out at night with no lights....wont surpise me if the plane is peppered with small arms fire...

real knicker gripper of a take off..:w00t:

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i will lay money that the last plane out.........the sky's will be FULL of drones ....gunships....jets.....all with infa-red stuff ..

rekon they will fly out at night with no lights....wont surpise me if the plane is peppered with small arms fire...

real knicker gripper of a take off..

I hope when they do fly out they absolutely level the former presidential Palace and with the taliban leadership inside and any other military assets they are leaving behind. Doubt it will happen though

I don't think they are going to leave altogether, its such an opportunity to leave a few CIA agents to gather further intelligence for future drone strikes

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

What Yanks don't realise all the arms and machinery left there  + it was said the Taliban had captured 200 helicopters now who ever goes in will have a bigger fight on their hands ,should have never been sucked into it in the 1st place  all the Brit lifes lost or injured for what   so the Yanks could look for oil and minerals ,It is also known the Afganies have billions of money in banks etc but we will still give 'em handouts ,this countries own should come first ,the doors should be closed  there will be enough of them already here  known as sleepers just waiting to kick off here mark my words, would not trust them as far as I could throw them.British lives will not change their ways and ideologies.

2 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

China investing in Afghanistan / taliban?

Ready to build roads.

Its a game of superpowers

Hope they take a bag of Covid dust for each kilometer they build , that could be the easiest way to sort out the problem there and freely distributed.