Well that escalated quickly, ended up in the hospital

NoBodyImportant

On 12/08/2021 at 19:10, GingerCat said:

Just drink more beer, hospitals use alcohol to clean things, in effect your cleaning your body. 

Fingers crossed its sorted soon. 

It could well be more likely that a total alcohol ban will follow from this episode if it turns out to be his pancreas 

Can relate to this.

up Tuesday morning, shower, out with the dog, got back fed the dog had to sit down, next thing I'm on the kitchen floor, can't get up, any sort of movement is agonising, phones been left upstairs, no chance for that

Thursday lunch managed to attract the attention of a neighboor to phone for an ambulance,  pneumonia, blood infection , irregular heart beat, been in since thursday still can't stand up and my bed has no tv

2 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

Can relate to this.

up Tuesday morning, shower, out with the dog, got back fed the dog had to sit down, next thing I'm on the kitchen floor, can't get up, any sort of movement is agonising, phones been left upstairs, no chance for that

Thursday lunch managed to attract the attention of a neighboor to phone for an ambulance,  pneumonia, blood infection , irregular heart beat, been in since thursday still can't stand up and my bed has no tv

Good luck to you.  They hit me we a few shots and I’m as good as new.  They say I still have it but I don’t have any I’ll effects other then dark urine. 

28 minutes ago, garjo said:

I had pancreatitis caused by gall stones, it's so painful. The mortality  rate for acute pancreatitis is about 20%. After having gall bladder removed its now sorted. Diet has been modified including giving up alcohol. 

They said mine was from my gallbladder.  I was hurting so bad I couldn’t breath.  They gave me shots to the but cheeks and within ten minutes I was feeling better.  They took more blood to test.  They said they try not to do surgery unless it 100% necessary 

One of the shots was something called tramadol? Or something like that.  The wife said it’s what they give women in labor.  

Sounds like what I had my gallbladder had deteriated and become infected ended up on liquid morphine take that didn’t know what planet I was on missus said completely smacked off my head ended up paying private to get it removed don’t want worry you but if you can get it removed ASAP do it  my surgeon said it burst open when removing it he gave me 2 weeks at most then things may have turned nasty

On 17/08/2021 at 13:36, NoBodyImportant said:

They said mine was from my gallbladder.  I was hurting so bad I couldn’t breath.  They gave me shots to the but cheeks and within ten minutes I was feeling better.  They took more blood to test.  They said they try not to do surgery unless it 100% necessary 

One of the shots was something called tramadol? Or something like that.  The wife said it’s what they give women in labor.  

As I recall, Tramadol is a synthetic form of Codeine.
My previous lab Mac had to have an eye removed at 9yo due to what was believed to be a tumour but turned out to be a completely detached retina.
He was in obvious pain so the vet gave him Tramadol to tide him over the weekend before he went in for surgery on the Monday.
I remember him rolling about the floor without a care in the world like a 3 month old puppy
Good stuff in the short term but can be addictive like Codeine.

1 hour ago, serrac said:

As I recall, Tramadol is a synthetic form of Codeine.
My previous lab Mac had to have an eye removed at 9yo due to what was believed to be a tumour but turned out to be a completely detached retina.
He was in obvious pain so the vet gave him Tramadol to tide him over the weekend before he went in for surgery on the Monday.
I remember him rolling about the floor without a care in the world like a 3 month old puppy
Good stuff in the short term but can be addictive like Codeine.

Makes since,  it cured my arthritis for 6 hours also 😂 

On 17/08/2021 at 13:39, JohnfromUK said:

Get well soon.  No fun being in hospital (I did a short spell in last year).

thanks

finally stopped the IV antibiotics yesterday, was on 4 doses a day, still confined to bed though the physiotherapist's did try to get me stood up yesterday, WOW,  was shaking with the effort, had to be supported just to stand, it must have been quite a close call caught just in time

Edited by itchy trigger
Phrasing

11 minutes ago, itchy trigger said:

thanks

finally stopped the IV antibiotics yesterday, was on 4 doses a day, still confined to bed though the physiotherapist's did try to get me stood up yesterday, WOW,  was shaking with the effort, had to be supported just to stand, it must have been quite a bad do caught just in time

Wow, just read what happened to you, glad your on the mend. Its frightening just how fragile life is and how everything can be turned upside down in an instant. 

3 minutes ago, itchy trigger said:

the physios got me standing and being able sit in a chair, right on the verge of being able to walk with the help of a frame, would you believe tested positive for corvid today

Ouch.  Hope you weather the storm OK mate, that's a real kick in the nuts 😞