Dog bite

team tractor

Guess who was bitten today ?😫

well this morning I was taking my kids back and we walked past a German shepherd. The guy held the dogs head between his legs and we carried on . My daughter said “ daddy I’ve forgotten something “ so I walk back to my van . The German Shepard jumped at me and grabbed hold of my back/hip and has now torn the muscle off the bone .  
The dogs owner has admitted guilt to the police and now has a muzzle order on the dog in public . Mean while I couldn’t work today and it could be weeks before I can walk without being in agony .

only me 🙈

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been awful for you, and sounds like 100% avoidable if the owner has known of their dogs behaviour. 
No sympathy with owners of vicious dogs with known behaviour like that, as said thank god it wasn’t one of the kids as may have been much worse! 
I’d be livid and quite happy to do everything in my power for prosecution/dog destroyed to hopefully prevent a reoccurrence. 
Still can’t fathom what the obsession is with dogs that display such traits (and the owners that seem proud of this). 

18 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

That is an awful incident. Unfortunately not uncommon. The fact the man had the dog between his legs highlights that it was a known issue to him. Thankfully it was you bitten not your children. The dog should be destroyed and owner prosecuted. 

Absolutely,  it would have totally messed up one of your kids @team tractor

you really have no luck fella, hopefully you heal quickly.

Pain will get much worse if a deep infection develops, which is very common in dog bites. 

I hope you a speedy recovery, it must have been terrifying for your children to witness. My nephew was bitten last week at a friend’s house, he’s three and was walking past the unattended dog. If it were my son the dog would be an ex-dog, but alas it lives to bite another child. 

42 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Pain will get much worse if a deep infection develops, which is very common in dog bites. 

I hope you a speedy recovery, it must have been terrifying for your children to witness. My nephew was bitten last week at a friend’s house, he’s three and was walking past the unattended dog. If it were my son the dog would be an ex-dog, but alas it lives to bite another child. 

I’m struggling to walk at all . 

37 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It could only happy to you nath . If we ran a pw poll , on who is most likely to get bitten by a dog , you'd be at the top of everyone's list 😅.

Dog bites can be nasty mate , I hope you're better soon.

🤣🤣🤣 my chiropractor said to me the exact same dude . 

39 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Bad news but glad it wasn’t your daughter , as he’s admitted guilt then surely he’s liable for your loss of earnings etc ?

The dogs had an order on it and that’s it now . I’m dreading getting up tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Wilts#Dave said:

That must have been awful for you, and sounds like 100% avoidable if the owner has known of their dogs behaviour. 
No sympathy with owners of vicious dogs with known behaviour like that, as said thank god it wasn’t one of the kids as may have been much worse! 
I’d be livid and quite happy to do everything in my power for prosecution/dog destroyed to hopefully prevent a reoccurrence. 
Still can’t fathom what the obsession is with dogs that display such traits (and the owners that seem proud of this). 

I’m great full it wasn’t my kids . I was in shock as it happened so fast 

You sound like you’ve managed it well. Sorry to hear about the outcome, good it didn’t develop into a worse situation. Blaming the dog isn’t right nor saying it should be put to sleep. Usually this is a problem in the owner. I have always had good dogs but one of my labradors is a ****** for being aggressive with other dogs, there’s just nothing we can do/have done. Some dogs are born to be aggressive to certain things and there’s just no avoiding it. If it’s the owner then you should seek prosecution to ensure this person does not own another animal therefore preventing further incidents/possible death. If it’s the dog, then yes, I’m afraid it should be put to sleep as it is a danger to the owner (especially the older the dog gets) and the public. Ask your local authority who has dealt with this incident to investigate and these issues I have highlighted. You will be doing yourself a favour and above all else, your community a favour!

Go to your doctor ASAP if the wound reddens, itch’s and turns yellowish (gloopy yellow green and/gunky). From the pharmacy, tell what has happened and they will target it more precisely with what they have in stock. Get better lad, you did well to stand your ground.

- a vet

7 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

You might of been in a highseat... Although now you probably find normal stairs hard to climb

🤣🤣🤣 I couldn’t even get in the van 

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Awful news, thankfully it is a very rare event, although that is obviously no comfort to you. 

A bad dog bite can be a very nasty injury, hope it heals quickly, you don't seem to get much luck. 

Cheers 

32 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Why has the dog not been destroyed?, but for the grace of god that could have been one of your kids faces or even worse.

It’s only a young dog so I hope it can be trained still. It was a foster dog so I guess possibly a future police dog . The owner apparently has gone and bought a muzzle straight away. 
if it had been me kids I’d of destroyed it myself . 

I know a pub landlady who's dog bit somebody and she got sued for loss of earnings..

I pointed  out that she was more than likely covered by her house insurance and this turned out to be

the case...it didn't cost her a penny...if the bloke is covered you might feel better about claiming from him.

24 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

To be fair you had a dog hanging off you at that point 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, daveboy said:

I know a pub landlady who's dog bit somebody and she got sued for loss of earnings..

I pointed  out that she was more than likely covered by her house insurance and this turned out to be

the case...it didn't cost her a penny...if the bloke is covered you might feel better about claiming from him.

I’m just on my way in to work . Ibuprofen is my friend today . I’m lucky I have 3 young lads I employ. 

We often have a smile together here on PW at your expense when it come down to mishaps, but there is certainly nothing funny about  getting bitten by someone else's dog that leave you in pain and affecting your livelihood , you have bounced back before and I am sure you will bounce back again , really hope you don't get any long term effects and you are soon back to normal , although is TT ever completely normal :lol: , only joking , get well soon and don't over due it .

Awful experience, I don't think the muzzle is right in this instance, that dog seen you coming and decided it wanted to attack, no warning grown or barking, just straight in there. That is a very dangerous dog.

Just on the subject of your injuries, if its properly torn the muscle from the bone there's a chance that may never heal properly and you could be left facing low back and hip pain for a long time due to weakness and muscle imbalance