Legoland

eddoakley

Anyone else been and think it's a waste of time?

Over 100 minutes queue to go on some rides. None that I saw were less than 20 minutes.

Who's kids will stand in that queue for a ride lasting a few minutes? Most were 90 minutes. How many can you fit in in a day? Is it ever worth it?

My boy is nearly 4 and had a great time on the park, looking about, generally playing and going on a few of the small rides. Could have done that in a thousand other places and saved the £150 entrance fee.

Went to a free country park the next day and had just as much fun.

As you may have guessed, I'm just back from legoland and won't be going back.

Rant over.

Edd

And yes, I could have bought the priority, queue jump passes but I still don't think he would have been bothered about the rides and we'd still have more fun elsewhere.

Edd

20 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Over 100 minutes queue to go on some rides. None that I saw were less than 20 minutes.

Yikes, that's bad, we went to Blackpool pleasure beach Monday and it wasn't too bad, not too busy and the queues were around 20-30min with people giving each other a bit of space, but no good for a 4 year old.

We’ve taken our kids a couple of times and stopped in the hotel on the park which gets you early access to the park before the general public, we’ve always taken them on a Friday when the kids have an school inset day so it’s not so busy. The kids go on all of the popular rides on the Friday then pick up anything else they want to do on the Saturday before leaving on the Saturday afternoon. 

Took our 3 there a few years back, place is laid out so that every time you stop to queue there's an absurdly priced food outlet that your kids are attracted to, everything is rammed with badly behaved kids and as boring as hell. Final straw for me was a little boy asking for a drink of water at a rip off point, he was being told that they were not allowed to give people water or they wouldn't sell any drinks. I would never go back, we had more fun playing poo sticks at a local stream or sliding down a muddy bank onto a disused rail track on an old car bonnet. When I first retired I would often find myself in charge of up to 10 kids and we would walk for miles building camps, bird spotting or just throwing stones into a pond.

I’m so glad I don’t have to go on the summer merry go round anymore.

Loads of locations either climbing, dinoworld, bewilderwood , treetop adventure theme park type places … all rammed full of stressed parents trying to do the right thing for their kids.

Fun to £ ratio there are better options, but I guess peer pressure on parents wins out.

I can’t believe anyone pays full price, it’s not so bad if you get cheap tickets with cereal boxes etc. 
Half of the models look older than me and are dirty, and you can spend most of your time queuing. 
The final straw is having to pay to park on top of the ticket price 😡 I mean you’ve remortgaged your home and they’ve got the world’s biggest car park but you have to pay extra!!!!!

Been twice before and such a sucker for punishment that we’re going again in a few weeks.

You really do have to have a bit of regression therapy and place yourself into the mindset of a child. Then you will possibly appreciate it and overlook the crowds, dire food, unclean bogs, lengthy queues and tired exhibits. 

Staying at one of the Parks hotels. Only consolation is the wife and I are dumping the kids on the final day on our way home and having our own little ‘ahem’, romantic night away 🙂 (Thank god for Grandparents) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2021 at 21:48, eddoakley said:

Anyone else been and think it's a waste of time?

Who's kids will stand in that queue for a ride lasting a few minutes? Most were 90 minutes. How many can you fit in in a day? Is it ever worth it?

My boy is nearly 4 and had a great time on the park, looking about, generally playing and going on a few of the small rides. Could have done that in a thousand other places and saved the £150 entrance fee.

Went to a free country park the next day and had just as much fun.

As you may have guessed, I'm just back from legoland and won't be going back.

Rant over.

Edd

And yes, I could have bought the priority, queue jump passes but I still don't think he would have been bothered about the rides and we'd still have more fun elsewhere.

Edd

We're just back from Anglesey and despite the weather being hit and miss all week it was great, Greenwood is worth looking at, only really two rides adults will like but the kids really enjoyed themselves which is the main thing.

Add to that the joy of crabbing and it's the simple things that are often the most fun.

1 hour ago, daveboy said:

My lad has still got his driving licence from Legoland from age 5

You should have seen the look on the coppers face when he got stopped for speeding and

handed it over(age 22)..... the copper saw the funny side and let him off with a warning.

Priceless!