The dangers of manual clay traps

Wiggum

My mate recently purchased a new clay trap for use on their shoot and as he unboxed it at home the arm released cutting his forearm quite badly, apparently there should have been a cable tie securing the arm that was either broken or missing. Quite a nasty injury and luckily it didn’t hit him in the head or face. 

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that's terrible , was it a hospital job? That will take some time to heal, I would find out if there should have been a fixing , if yes and it did not have one, report it to the seller with photos and he needs to make a claim, 

Yes he’s had two trips to hospital as the first time he went the hand surgeon wasn’t available, he’s self employed too as a kitchen and bathroom fitter so it’s gonna impact his work for a while

1 minute ago, Wiggum said:

Yes he’s had two trips to hospital as the first time he went the hand surgeon wasn’t available, he’s self employed too as a kitchen and bathroom fitter so it’s gonna impact his work for a while

Hello, oh that is not good for him, if you email seller and say your interested ask how it comes, ? Spring arm secure ? if yes your friend needs to do as I suggested, I am sure he's loosing money being self employed, can only wish him well 👍

Was told of a story many moons ago of a chap using a trap, cocked it, he bent forward to grab a clay, knocked the arm releasing it hitting him on the side of the head and killed him. The clays were on the wrong side, silly mistake. 

I really don't like them. 

at a Welsh Intercounties at Mid Wales a few years ago, Arthur got clocked around the head by a Skeet Trap while he was in the house - apparently it wasn't the first time that this had happened to him either!!!

He came out with blood running down his head.... Refused to go to hospital if I remember right!