New Browning is not as nice as I thought

NoBodyImportant

Got a few days off work due to illness.  Took my new Browning to the farm and threw a box of clays (120). It was almost 100F so I was sweating like a whore in church.  I took my time on the was home and hit the Chinese buffet and meandered around about 4-5 hours. Once home I took the new Browning out of the truck and it’s looked like hell.  The barrels have brown patches and the silver is black. I wiped it down with RemOil before I took it out and now oil won’t remove the stains.  I’m not impressed with this Japanese made piece at all.  

C6E7E924-3A95-4CCC-9ECC-CEA2B6902FF8.jpeg

823C6CF9-80A6-472F-8B0E-8ADF131C8B95.jpeg

A8B174AD-2A45-4DA2-9D20-98814CC54CF0.jpeg

The stains on the receiver are caused by salt in sweaty hands. They can be easily removed with any metal polish and even tooth paste will work. They will be back next time you handle the gun in similar conditions though. I own an old Miroku 7000 from the eighties and this receiver does not stain at all. My former Miroku MK10 turned black every time I handled it in hot weather, so it must also have something to do with the kind or thickness of the metal finish. Judging from te pictures of your barrels I doubt weather this is rust or just handling marks that disappear after a good wipe off with an oily pice of cloth.

Google the term "Rusty Fingers", a common term used in engineering where new metal is stained by sweaty handlers, I suspect the bluing/finish on the gun is no where near as good as they used to be,

Still using my 1973 Browning Liege, one of the last ones made in Belgium before production went out east which still looks good for its age

i use edds red you can make for nout  on all my guns and rifles       a mirouku  or browning  rust faster  than just about anything in the chambers on a hot sweaty day     hence browning        on the action and barrels  i have not known this problem         may not have been sealed  before purchase   take it back  you have warranty   let the dealers sort it out  its new    

gloves... imo a good pair of gloves are pretty much required kit like ear protection when shooting. if its cold they keep you warm and stop fumbling, and numbness, if its hot they keep sweat on the metal work and what youre experiencing to a minimum.  plus they keep your hands clean and to an extent protected when setting up a hide around brambles and stuff or handling shot game (if sweat affects the finish like this blood will rock your world) or a hot barrel (i do PSG).  

i cant think of any disadvantage to wearing gloves over bare hands other than trigger control and feel but a good pair of gloves pretty much negate that if they fit right. mcwets are like a 2nd skin.

if youre prone to not going home straight away or have been shooting if more adverse conditions put it inside of one of them oil impregnated socks instead of/ inside of the gun slip ive found they tend to give me a chance to get the gun sorted as soon as i get home on the long drive home from the salt marshs. anyone know of any better way to prevent/ preserve blued steel in those conditions please share it. im 100% fighting a loosing battle on that front

Edited by Sweet11-87