Ferals turned into woodies

mgsontour

Picked up mate old chum on a regular trip to a farm on Sunday to keep the ferals at bay only to be met by the farmers daughter who said you want to get yourselves down the bottom track as I was there yesterday with the dogs and there was lot's of pigeons, so off we went. . . . what a flightline there was and it was windy!

My old mate ( 84 years young ) hasn't got long left in the field by his own admission and has a few ailments to say the least but I drove him to a solid piece of footing and he sat on the ledge of the boot, there was very little sun so could see the birds as clear as day ( he has eyesight problems as well as mobility ). . . .   he absolutely filled his boots I can tell you all, he was dropping the birds one after the other at 45yards ++ something he never thought he would do again

He had the biggest smile you could ever imagine and laughed all the way home about that was better than 'driven pheasant and can we go back on Sunday please, of course I said it a done deal but how proud and chuffed that I was to give a true gentleman a mornings impromptu sport

1 hour ago, mgsontour said:

Picked up mate old chum on a regular trip to a farm on Sunday to keep the ferals at bay only to be met by the farmers daughter who said you want to get yourselves down the bottom track as I was there yesterday with the dogs and there was lot's of pigeons, so off we went. . . . what a flightline there was and it was windy!

My old mate ( 84 years young ) hasn't got long left in the field by his own admission and has a few ailments to say the least but I drove him to a solid piece of footing and he sat on the ledge of the boot, there was very little sun so could see the birds as clear as day ( he has eyesight problems as well as mobility ). . . .   he absolutely filled his boots I can tell you all, he was dropping the birds one after the other at 45yards ++ something he never thought he would do again

He had the biggest smile you could ever imagine and laughed all the way home about that was better than 'driven pheasant and can we go back on Sunday please, of course I said it a done deal but how proud and chuffed that I was to give a true gentleman a mornings impromptu sport

Well done chap

18 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I hope someone has the kindness to do that for me when I'm only fit for the knackers yard.  Well played that man 👍

I am ten years younger than the members mate and really need looking after now , everything seem so much heavier than they used to be even though I recon the weight is still the same :lol:

Yes that was brilliant of the op to make the gentleman one very happy man and a day he won't forget in a hurry .:good: