A day on the stubbles courtousey of fenny

Spr1985

Firstly a massive thankyou to @fenny for offering up the opportunity it was greatly appreciated! 

after a few messages back and forth a date was set for a day on the pigeons, so Saturday the 14th came around and like an expectant child i bounded out of bed grabbed my keys phone and gun (I loaded the truck the night before) and headed off to the meeting point, joy swiftly turned to annoyance, I was twenty minutes down the road and had made a school boy error. My wallet was at home complete with ID cash etc, I had to go back 🤦‍♂️. So, as quickly as I could I got home retrieved my wallet sent fenny a message apologising and explaining the situation along with the fact I would now be late. He was an absolute gentlemen about it, told me not to worry and that he’d see me soon. So, off I went again. A lovely drive up from Essex via the scenic route. I met fenny and took the ten minute drive to where I would be shooting. Fenny helped me get set up and then left me to it whilst he scouted for a secondary location with one of his friends (I can’t recall his name)  should it be needed.
A lovely setting surrounded by farmers/farm workers getting on with harvest and a few birds milling about, I sat in the hide and thought happy days . As the day progressed I had a few shots,  scared a few birds and put some on the deck. Fenny came back to check I was doing ok and seemed a bit frustrated at not being able to find me a better spot……he put me in the best spot available first time around and as I said to him on the day “that’s shooting, you can’t control where the birds go or if they’re there”  anyway I had a fantastic relaxed day,  shot 5 woodies 1 feral and 1 crow, I scared a good 15/20 woodies too 🤣😂. I saw buzzards hunting, a roe buck sauntering across the field like he owned the place and simply enjoyed my time out of the house.

so, @Fennythank you again for making this guy a very happy chap! Your a gentleman and I look forward to meeting you again 👍🏻

Edited by Spr1985

Nice report of your day out , when you make advanced arrangements you are the acts of god both with the weather and what birds are available on what ever fields you have got , when you can go at very short notice then that make it a lot easier for the guide.

As it were I am sure Fenny done his very best to find you a field that would offer you some sport and by the sound of it you had an enjoyable day and managed to shoot a few , well done to all involved .

On 17/08/2021 at 18:59, marsh man said:

Nice report of your day out , when you make advanced arrangements you are the acts of god both with the weather and what birds are available on what ever fields you have got , when you can go at very short notice then that make it a lot easier for the guide.

As it were I am sure Fenny done his very best to find you a field that would offer you some sport and by the sound of it you had an enjoyable day and managed to shoot a few , well done to all involved .

My apologies, I though I had responded to your comment already. I had a fantastic day and completely agree that fenny did his best to provide me with the best possible day, I’ll be going again at some point 😊