Bug is

Essex Keeper

How coincidental is that. I was chatting to my pal Steve (Stour boy) in my garden this morning over a cup of tea when he spotted one not four feet away.

But the question is, what plant is it on? I know, just wondered if anyone else recognises it as I`m sure they will.

I`m sure that Jim Neal will be along shortly having used `Plantnet` or similar app on his phone.

OB

IMG_2103.JPG

8 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

How coincidental is that. I was chatting to my pal Steve (Stour boy) in my garden this morning over a cup of tea when he spotted one not four feet away.

But the question is, what plant is it on? I know, just wondered if anyone else recognises it as I`m sure they will.

I`m sure that Jim Neal will be along shortly having used `Plantnet` or similar app on his phone.

OB

IMG_2103.JPG

:)

Phone's on 1% battery, recharging so I'm going to make an actual guess using my brain.  So it's no doubt wrong!

Is it a fuchsia?

10 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Phone's on 1% battery, recharging so I'm going to make an actual guess using my brain.  So it's no doubt wrong!

Is it a fuchsia?

Come on Jim, your phone must be charged by now 😂

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

OK clematis!!!!

Yes but does your phone app tell you which one?

I note that you live in Kettering. Glad I don’t as the temptation to visit Wabbitbosher and buy more guns would be too great 😂

OB

1 hour ago, Townie said:

I'm embarrassed to say that I read an interesting set of Tweets about these insects by George Monbiot this very morning. It's apparently a 'mutualist', so it lays its eggs in wasps' nests and the grubs keep the nest clean by eating debris. 

You really need to get out more!  :cool1:

17 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Yes but does your phone app tell you which one?

I note that you live in Kettering. Glad I don’t as the temptation to visit Wabbitbosher and buy more guns would be too great 😂

OB

The app can't do it, too much hover fly and not enough plant!

I know Mick's there, I just haven't acquainted myself with him yet.... the reason being, exactly the same fear as yourself!!

There are other reasons why you should be glad you don't live in Kettering.  One of them is it's a ****hole!  I've only ever briefly lived in the actual town itself, I'm more used to the surrounding villages :)

On 22/08/2021 at 22:40, Jim Neal said:

OK clematis!!!!

This is for Jim so that he can tell me precisely which clematis it is using the app on his phone.

The second photo is for Ditchy so that he can now recognise a passion flower :lol:. Mr.Google will tell him the religious significance of the flower`s petals etc. That`s if he`s so inclined :whistling:

OB

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2110.JPG