Busy morning in the Channel.

Cranfield

The Channel is flat calm this morning, not a breeze.

So far today we have seen a lot of activity by Border Control (😃) and Lifeboats right in front of us, although about 1 mile offshore.
The detail is only visible by good binoculars and it will only be as they enter Dover, that people on the shore can see whats happening.
8 dinghies so far, 2 of them quite big.
They have now been emptied and are being towed back to Dover.
We first saw this at around 7am, I suspect a lot more came over in the dark.

It is getting beyond a joke.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

turn it into a spectator sport.....................

You could turn counting Toyota Land Cruisers into a spectator sport.

Was watching the news about Afghanistan this morning and could not believe the number of newish Toyota Land Cruisers on their roads, bet they dont pay £500 road tax.

Illegal immigration has been going on for years through Dover. There is a big laybay near Lydden Circuit just past the Shepherdswell turning, when I was a lad we used to see plenty of asians that were dropped off from artics there subsequently walking down the A2.

On 22/08/2021 at 11:47, Cranfield said:

Just an update.
According to the Daily Mail and a couple of news websites, "up to 800 illegal immigrants were landed at Dover yesterday".

I wonder at what point it gets classed as an invasion??

The 800 was obviously a good weather day but I dread to think what the total numbers must be, or where they have all gone?

21 hours ago, 243deer said:

Illegal immigration has been going on for years through Dover. There is a big laybay near Lydden Circuit just past the Shepherdswell turning, when I was a lad we used to see plenty of asians that were dropped off from artics there subsequently walking down the A2.

Back in those days they usually got picked up by arrangement (white vans) and avoided the police, or authorities.
Now, if they don't get a lift over with Border Control, they land on the beach, phone them and wait to be collected.
They are then all detained, initial processing takes place at a few establishments in Dover and Folkestone, then they are transferred to hotel/hostel/barracks.

21 hours ago, 243deer said:

...when I was a lad we used to see plenty of asians that were dropped off from artics there subsequently walking down the A2.

If it was as well known as you and Cranfield seem to suggest then surely you are part of the problem? 

It also asks questions of the lorry drivers and those collecting them being part of the problem 💰🤑💸is King.

30 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

Back in those days they usually got picked up by arrangement (white vans) and avoided the police, or authorities.
Now, if they don't get a lift over with Border Control, they land on the beach, phone them and wait to be collected.
They are then all detained, initial processing takes place at a few establishments in Dover and Folkestone, then they are transferred to hotel/hostel/barracks.

Back in the 70s Dutch fishing boats used to drop Indian illegals on the East Coast from where they were picked up and taken to major cities to work in curry restaurants. Its been going on for decades. In those days I worked for the Docks Board and everybody knew about it

Edited by Vince Green

Just now, henry d said:

So you are also part of the problem as well!

Everybody who eats in a curry house or a Chinese restaurant or has hot food delivered is part of the problem. Or anyone who takes their car to a car wash

Don't complain about illegal immigration and then phone for a takeaway

I once many years ago drove over to France in a LWB sprinter van. 
I consumed one of the very large cola drinks on the ferry and 5 miles out of Calais I needed a pee. 

stopping in a lay-by to use the empty cola bottle this allowing me to dispose of it at my destination, no sooner was it filled and 3 unmarked cars appeared. 

after seeing my evidence I was told the lay-by was a prime pick up and drop off point utilised by gangs using lwb vehicles as they had a half decent capacity coupled with top speed. 

after a few pleasantries and a complement on keeping their lay-bys pee smell free we were on our way.   

old charlie wharton of decoy farm used his cessna every wednesday to pick up in holland and drop off near somerleyton 4 or 5 immigrants.............he eventually got caught after 6 years with 3 in his rolls royce giving them a lift ..:lol:

ask MARSHMAN.....he shud know all about this ....

NFN

13 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Everybody who eats in a curry house or a Chinese restaurant or has hot food delivered is part of the problem. Or anyone who takes their car to a car wash

This ^ and you forgot the care industry 

So you are also part of the problem as well!

Why is anyone who knows about it classed as part of the problem? As the authorities are well aware of what is going on, it is their responsibility to do something about it.

What are you suggesting people with knowledge do with that knowledge?

On 21/08/2021 at 11:41, Cranfield said:

The Channel is flat calm this morning, not a breeze.

So far today we have seen a lot of activity by Border Control (😃) and Lifeboats right in front of us, although about 1 mile offshore.
The detail is only visible by good binoculars and it will only be as they enter Dover, that people on the shore can see whats happening.
8 dinghies so far, 2 of them quite big.
They have now been emptied and are being towed back to Dover.
We first saw this at around 7am, I suspect a lot more came over in the dark.

It is getting beyond a joke.

That is not what lifeboats should be used for. They are a charity, manned by volunteers and supported by public subscription

Back in the 70’s a friend was fowling on the Wash when he watched an unidentified fishing boat come as far into the Welland estuary as the low tide allowed. He thought this was odd, as he knew all the local boats and fishermen at that time. He saw an Asian dropped off. The man was wearing waders and carrying a suitcase and following a heading on a compass!

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Absolute rubbish, you are saying every Asian takeaway is run by or staffed by illegal immigrants? You said you knew about the boats and where the immigrants were going yet you did nothing!