Busy morning in the Channel.

Cranfield

1 hour ago, oowee said:

First look at how stuoid this proposal is. Imagine you are in a dinghy and approached by a border control vessel that is going to attempt to tow you back to France, by the longer route you are trying as a result of the UK French agreement. 

What would you do? 

1. Wait in the boat for your tow back to where you came 

2. deflate your dinghy get picked up by the border force boat and taken back to the UK

:/

Better idea would be pretty much anything else you can think of. 

I would try 

Incentivise the french for every boat stopped under the existing agreement. Establish an immigration portal in france to process legal claiments. Set an agreed (with the EU) immigration level for the UK with a funded ressetlement plan. Make immigration a defined benefit rather than an unknown fear.

Set and agreed with the eu.are you having a laugh the eu will not agree to anything.they can't even get on with each other.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Set and agreed with the eu.are you having a laugh the eu will not agree to anything.they can't even get on with each other.

We have an agrement on control already must be worth a try on numbers.  French have nothing to loose.

Almost whatever we chose to do is likely to be better than 'Lets tow the boats back' :lol:

4 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Or the French....who are already being paid a substantial amount by the UK for extra patrolling .....agree to the British government repatriating all illegal immigrants that are picked up in the Channel back to France immediately after picking them up. Seems fair to me with them having left France in the first place.

An incentive scheme seems more of a way to scam money from Britain. Do you really think the French government would want this immigration battle to end if they were getting free cash from the UK?

The French are paid to do extra patrols its true they do. However there is no performance clause in the agreement so figure it out for yourself. Typical agreement made by Civil Servants 

On 08/09/2021 at 15:00, henry d said:

A lawyer is usually assigned when they apply for asylum, it's a legal process so they require legal representation just like you and I.

Yes but we are citizens of this country (at least I am ,I often wonder about you at times)

Once the initial court ruling in which they are represented finds them here illegally. Then in my opinion their rights and benefits end there. If they want to appeal fair enough but the UK tax payer should not fund it.

STOP PRESS

Michelle Barnier.............has seen the light....he is worried for Frances sake that the migrant thingy id going to overwelm the country...........and get this ..he has gone on record saying

"i will work towards restoring France's national sovrientary..."....he is also wanting some sort of seperation from Brussels (EU) dictates

WWoooooowwww