Busy morning in the Channel.

Cranfield

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nonsense, the biggest problem by a country mile isn't them, or the immigrants themselves, its the nutter lefty loonies that allow and even encourage it to go on. 

That's the problem,  it's not even being done discreetly,  just heading over on a boat in broad daylight is blatant,  and where are they going next?

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Has this been in the local news?

It made the local somerset press at the time maybe 2/3 yrs ago. 

19 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nonsense, the biggest problem by a country mile isn't them, or the immigrants themselves, its the nutter lefty loonies that allow and even encourage it to go on. 

🤣🤣🤣👍

Nothing wrong with some immigration it just requires some management rather than the free market approach in place. 

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

Nothing wrong with some immigration it just requires some management rather than the free market approach in place. 

Nothing wrong with legal immigration 

Sadly the illegal immigrants are holding up the system for their law abiding countrymen that are trying to come to the country through the proper channels 

sort of makes me wonder what they are trying to hide by destroying their passports and coming over in dodgy boats 

6 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

sort of makes me wonder what they are trying to hide by destroying their passports and coming over in dodgy boats

How old they are, where they're from just for a start.

No papers or passports etc should have you turned straight around. 

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

Nothing wrong with some immigration it just requires some management rather than the free market approach in place

Absolutely,  but we should be able to pick and choose, we hear about loads arriving daily but never loads leaving. 

I still think they should be put back on the French beaches they come from.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

im really sorry but i do find this thread at the moment to be very very funny....im roaring with laughter as i type this

Me too, what kind of cranially deficient idiot thinks that it's ok to winge on about immigration, yet never did anything when they could and then implies that every Asian take away is staffed by illegal immigrants. 

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Me too, what kind of cranially deficient idiot thinks that it's ok to winge on about immigration, yet never did anything when they could and then implies that every Asian take away is staffed by illegal immigrants. 

What cranially deficient idiot doesn't see a problem with mass uncontrolled migration. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9917187/France-warns-potential-firearms-vessels.html

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

Absolutely agreed, but what's happening at the moment is anything but. 👍

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Absolutely,  but we should be able to pick and choose, we hear about loads arriving daily but never loads leaving. 

The trouble is, if the authorities are going to do it properly (ie within the law) its a massive job to investigate and disprove even one claim for assylum. So the sheer numbers work massively in their favour by overwhelming the process.

The shoe should be on the other foot. It should be up to them to prove they have a case rather than us having to prove they haven't.

18 minutes ago, henry d said:

Oh sticks and stones Henry, you can do better than that

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

The numbers are so small It's simply not a serious issue. If you want to control numbers control immigration look at the big tap not the leaks in the hose. You don't hear about the numbers rejected as they dont increase the sales of the tabloids. 

Asylum applications

The number of asylum applications to the UK peaked in 2002 at 84,132. After that the number fell sharply to reach a twenty-year low point of 17,916 in 2010, before rising again to reach 35,737 in 2019.

The number of applications fell slightly to 29,456 applications in 2020, as the combined result of far fewer arrivals by air and an increase in arrivals by small boat across the English Channel.

Asylum seekers made up around 6% of immigrants to the UK in 2019.

Decisions and refusals

The percentage of asylum applicants refused at initial decision reached its highest point at 88% in 2004. After that, the percentage of applicants refused at initial decision fell to 59% in 2014, then rose again before dropping to 48% in 2019.

In the period from 2004 to 2019, around three-quarters of applicants refused asylum at initial decision lodged an appeal and almost one third of those appeals were allowed.

56 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Forget the 6%. 6% of what? The six million illegals already here?

oowee as usual is forgetting that every assylum seeker has to be housed, fed, ,clothed and given spending money by law and that their cases often take ten years to process. Thanks largely to the exploitation of the legal aid system by corrupt lawyers .

By which time they have put down roots, got married etc. Even bought a cat

So its not 6% its another 6%

24 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

oowee as usual is forgetting that every assylum seeker has to be housed, fed, ,clothed and given spending money by law and that their cases often take ten years to process. Thanks largely to the exploitation of the legal aid system by corrupt lawyers .

By which time they have put down roots, got married etc. Even bought a cat

So its not 6% its another 6%

6 % is nothing compared to the numbers coming through immigration. (Net migration at around 250,000 + to UK. )Dont blame the migrants blame the people that you put in power not doing anything about it. 

10 hours ago, oowee said:

6 % is nothing compared to the numbers coming through immigration. (Net migration at around 250,000 + to UK. )Dont blame the migrants blame the people that you put in power not doing anything about it. 

But those coming through legitimate migration channels are completely irrelevant to the present discussion. I don't have a problem with them. 

Edited by Vince Green

19 hours ago, henry d said:

Absolute rubbish, you are saying every Asian takeaway is run by or staffed by illegal immigrants? You said you knew about the boats and where the immigrants were going yet you did nothing!

Every incident I saw was reported to the Police, often when night fishing on Sandwich beach, although I did see a few jumping out of artics, relieving themselves and then jumping back in again.
I am aware of two of the calls re artics resulting in vehicles being stopped on the M2 and people detained.

The situation then is much as it is now, the Police might prosecute the odd driver, if they could prove he knew about his passengers, but the immigrants were not prosecuted, nor were they deported, just handed over to Social Services.
The only thing that has changed is now different Agencies are involved.

The immigration law has never made the illegal immigrant a criminal, the Police have never really felt it was their job, hence low motivation.

Can we not keep one of the old flat bottomed landing boats stationed in the channel, everytime a boat load is scooped up they could transfer them into it and once its full at the end if the day just land them straight onto a French beach where they came from. They are meant to apply for asylum in the safe country they arrive in, not keep traveling onwards