Busy morning in the Channel.

Cranfield

17 hours ago, henry d said:

what kind of cranially deficient idiot

Is that one of those comments that qualifies as 'Attacking the man, rather than the ball' that can get people banned ?

13 hours ago, oowee said:

6 % is nothing compared to the numbers coming through immigration.

6 % of what ? Total immigration , total net immigration ?
The 6 % of whatever are the ones that went through the 'proper' asylum process, you could perhaps double or treble that figure ?
The fact is not everyone who enters this country illegally gets caught/processed, how many boats made it to shore undetected ?|
How many came over on scheduled flights and ferry crossings using a relatives passport or even fake docs ?

The simple fact is , no one really knows.

The 2011 United Kingdom census recorded 1,451,862 residents of Indian, 1,174,983 of Pakistani, 451,529 of Bangladeshi, 433,150 of Chinese, and 861,815 of "Other Asian" ethnicity, making a total Asian British population of 4,373,339 (6.9 per cent of the total population), excluding people of mixed ethnicity.

I know those figures are 10 years old, but does anyone seriously believe them to be true ?
It wouldnt actually surprise me if there were that many in the London area alone.

I know for an absolute fact, because I was once married into it, many Pakistanis come to this country illegally , using a relatives passport, work here (for other Pakistanis) , get married and raise children, usually to a British born partner, THEN pop their heads up and apply for citizenship.

Not all illegals come in dinghies and lorries.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Vince Green said:

it

Love it!!! 😆 Made more sense than Henry D!!

17 hours ago, henry d said:

Me too, what kind of cranially deficient idiot thinks that it's ok to winge on about immigration, yet never did anything when they could and then implies that every Asian take away is staffed by illegal immigrants. 

What are we to do then?? Come on - educate us please?

2 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Can we not keep one of the old flat bottomed landing boats stationed in the channel, everytime a boat load is scooped up they could transfer them into it and once its full at the end if the day just land them straight onto a French beach where they came from. They are meant to apply for asylum in the safe country they arrive in, not keep traveling onwards

The French won't take them back without paperwork, and thats the perfect catch 22 get out because there wont be any paperwork.

. As the French rightly say the British have no proof they came from France, they could have come from Belgium or Holland or been dropped off by a Spanish trawler.

This is part of the reason that the French are extremely careful not to give them any form of documentation at any stage in their journey. That way there is no proof they travelled through France. 

The migrants are even told by the people traffikers not to have any supermarket receipts from France in their pockets that could give us enough evidence to return them. 

Its an elaborate game of cat and mouse.

The French don't want them there but they know the migrants don't want to be there either. Are they really trying to stop the dinghies sailing? or the lorries being boarded? 

I don't really see how they could fail to notice nearly 900 people clambering into boats on Saturday. But apparently they did!

Yeah right

Edited by Vince Green

58 minutes ago, old'un said:

Well in that case what about this idea, we go out and meet them half way across the channel, we then do a couple of circles then head to France and drop them off on the beach telling them they are now in England, and then scarper.

Most of them are packing decent smart phones with 4g data packages, so theyve got GPS, maps and compass unfortunately,  but theyre fleeing war and persecution you know, so they need to know which direction they are going to safety.....

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Oh don't get him banned please, I enjoy his little lapses

Im sure the teflon D will be fine 🤭

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Most of them are packing decent smart phones with 4g data packages, so theyve got GPS, maps and compass unfortunately,  but theyre fleeing war and persecution you know, so they need to know which direction they are going to safety.....

Simple’s, you confiscate their phones on boarding the rescue boat or tell them to turn them off as they mess up the boats navigation system.

hi welcome to imergraction england which all the mps want we got thousands of homeless sleeping in the streets alot of them not there own fault thousands liveing off foodbanks

but the goverment dont worry as there brttish yet the imergrants come here  given posh hotels moan about the food then are given houses im glad im the age i am were i dred to think what it will be like in years to come

On 24/08/2021 at 18:39, bavarianbrit said:

The phone will prove from where they have been???

You would hope so but it needs somebody in authority to actually check them.

Unfortunately I don't think anybody will be checking

So many missed opportunities

Edited by Vince Green

On 02/09/2021 at 16:57, old man said:

By design?

No I think its institutional inefficiency. Two paths for the immigration

The first path, if we start checking we are going to generate lots of work and paperwork. We will get crucified by all the do gooders and nobody will support us when the going gets tough

The second path, do nothing, sit back and keep your head down. Go through the motions

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

12,500 as of today..............  (this years total so far)

where are all of them going to live.....im desperate to find a bungalow to rent near me and i think it is going to get harder and harder...

Its ridiculous isn't it. Ask anyone on the street and the 99% would say send them back,yet the government won't act for fear of being criticised by the 1%.  bonkers! 

Maybe?

It's a bit like global warming?

We have always had it but not at the current rate?

The government is falling over its self to try to buy the way back on the world stage by allowing impossible to happen?

It can't face up to the fact that we are viewed as lower than our third world position by the top dogs?

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

reported that today in excess of 1000 "migrants" crossed the channel today

Don't worry, in parliament today Johnson has "urged" and "encouraged" the French to try and stop them.

Throw in the usual distraction use of Shakesperian phraseology by telling the french to "stiffen their sinews" and what we have is a robust plan to stop the illegal immigrant crisis.

Interesting to hear Susannah Reid on ITVs Good Morning Britain asking why all these illegal immigrants are so keen to get to England. Apparently one chap wanted to join the rest of his family that came over illegally 15 years ago and the health care and support is far better here than other parts of Europe that they have travelled through.

We have to make it less attractive to come here, we have to stop paying the bloody French to show them the way and we must start returning more of them and do it publicly so that it becomes apparent that they are not wanted.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting to hear Susannah Reid on ITVs Good Morning Britain asking why all these illegal immigrants are so keen to get to England. Apparently one chap wanted to join the rest of his family that came over illegally 15 years ago and the health care and support is far better here than other parts of Europe that they have travelled through.

We have to make it less attractive to come here, we have to stop paying the bloody French to show them the way and we must start returning more of them and do it publicly so that it becomes apparent that they are not wanted.

Spot on

52 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Australia did it and they no longer have serious problems.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read after asylum is refused the vast majority appeal and a large proportion succeed in over ruling the original decision. The bit that I cant understand is that they are given legal aid to appeal. Surely cutting that would be a good measure to start the deterrent process. 

If you had an ID issued to every legal citizen of the UK then the illegals could not feed off of the system. I know it grates a lot of folk but WW2 had them as I had heard.                                                                              Otherwise Boris could just use the 350 million per week he has saved by leaving the EU to fund the madness.

On 07/09/2021 at 12:41, TRINITY said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I read after asylum is refused the vast majority appeal and a large proportion succeed in over ruling the original decision. The bit that I cant understand is that they are given legal aid to appeal. Surely cutting that would be a good measure to start the deterrent process. 

A lawyer is usually assigned when they apply for asylum, it's a legal process so they require legal representation just like you and I.