223 vermin control with 7 guests.

simon6ppc

Good work, and I enjoyed the two-for-one on the maggies.  It's clear to see from your attitude with the gun that such opportunities require extreme self-control and patience.  I'd have snatched at the shot the first time they lined up, and probably just scared them all away!

That's got to be some very rare footage indeed, getting so close to the fox cubs.  Kudos for sharing that.  Watching it really stirs up some conflicting feelings, because normally the fox is "the enemy" and we're out to shoot him.... but how could you think of doing any harm to those little fellas...

The top one is my go to 223 varmint gun.  DDM4 V5 lightweight with a trijicon 1-4 variable.  Do to the thick woods and mountains I never get more then a 200yard shot.  I had a 3x9 but found myself fiddling with it to much.  I will also put a SiCo omega suppressor on it if I am blind hunting.  I just bought a CZ527 but I have got the glass and rings yet.  w5ACB5U.jpg

Finally, the answer on the two for one shot magpies conundrum, we all knew you where going to do it. 🙂
Excellent shooting as always.
The snippet at the end with the fox cubs must have been quite hard to get, well done.
I have been very close, coincidentally with a dead rabbit as well, but not that close.

Thanks every one for the comments, the cubs were just on a farm where the farmer didn't mind them being there so i just had a truce with that one litter that year, wrong or right its just what i did 9 years ago its never happened since and probably will never again thanks again...

Edited by simon6ppc