Help a newbie out in Leicestershire.

Jim2915

Hi I am new to the sport having had a few lessons! 

I am currently awaiting my licence to come through (hopefully soon).

As with any sport its better done with others.

Lakeside is my closest ground. Is anyone local? Maybe another solo shooter that would be happy for me to tag along and add a social element too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi anyone watching this post please dont think that as the OP and I went to PM that Jim is now sorted. He wont phone me or answer messages, I cant see why not as the offer of a choice of guns and companionship with fellow shooters was there. Perhaps it's my age which put him off. Anyway looks as if he is not fixed up yet. He is obviously still interested as he has a peek at his op every day.

Help out a new shooter someone.

3 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Hi anyone watching this post please dont think that as the OP and I went to PM that Jim is now sorted. He wont phone me or answer messages, I cant see why not as the offer of a choice of guns and companionship with fellow shooters was there. Perhaps it's my age which put him off. Anyway looks as if he is not fixed up yet. He is obviously still interested as he has a peek at his op every day.

Your age shouldn't be a problem, good legs and your own teeth is usually enough around here.

6 hours ago, DUNKS said:

To be fair it's a solo post, and he may not have even read your message. Maybe lost his password? It is odd that he hasn't been back in 2 weeks. 

As I am in exactly his shoes but down south, I am surprised he hasn't bitten your hand off! Oh well :)

Dont know but my son and I will be there sharp on 1430 this afternoon for a bit of a shoot and a laugh. We dont shoot any sort of competition and I concentrate on the ones I can hit. So Jim if you fancy a few rounds on me look me up in my old X type jag and you will be made welcome. That also goes for anyone else who wishes to join us. Just dont criticize my shooting..

Edited by DUNKS

6 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Dont know but my son and I will be there sharp on 1430 this afternoon for a bit of a shoot and a laugh. We dont shoot any sort of competition and I concentrate on the ones I can hit. So Jim if you fancy a few rounds on me look me up in my old mature X type jag and you will be made welcome. That also goes for anyone else who wishes to join us. Just dont criticize my shooting..

There, that's better.

• 2 months later...
On 05/09/2021 at 18:56, DUNKS said:

Just got home. had a lovely shoot. Only seven shooters there, always quiet Sunday afternoon. But nope no Jim.

Good day Dunks, I didn't realise lakeside was open on Sundays... me and my mate should be there in a couple of weeks if you fancy a round 

Jamie 

11 minutes ago, roadkill said:

Good day Dunks, I didn't realise lakeside was open on Sundays... me and my mate should be there in a couple of weeks if you fancy a round 

Jamie 

With a bit of luck and a following wind my son and I will be there Sunday. We go about 2pm now. We dont shoot competition. We just have a bit of fun

Last Sunday was hammerguns and black powder. Lots of smoke and flame and frightened clays. I am the old fella in a black hat! Be nice to see you there.

42 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

With a bit of luck and a following wind my son and I will be there Sunday. We go about 2pm now. We dont shoot competition. We just have a bit of fun

Last Sunday was hammerguns and black powder. Lots of smoke and flame and frightened clays. I am the old fella in a black hat! Be nice to see you there.

I'm back in the UK on the 19th, so will definitely be dropping in on the 21st. Will look out for the black hat

9 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I am always surprised/disappointed at these "Can you help me" threads.  :rolleyes:

Genuine people offer their help as requested and it never seems to go anywhere.  :w00t:

Why ask in the first place if you are not going to take the offer/s up?  :cool1:

To be fair I've been out with one chap from here, and I am going to the island this weekend to shoot with someone else.

Genuinely I was touched by the kindness of fellow shooters :)

I shoot at Quorn once a fortnight, just finished my basic lessons at Orston and been shooting for about 10 weeks now, been to Lakeside Once to try and get a bit more shooting in as I sorely need the practice.

I just turned up there and ask at the counter if anybody was about to go out and was prepared to have me tag along, I soon got fixed up with 3 other shooters, no problem.

I intend going to Lakeside a bit more midweek-ish, as and when possible and am always willing to join or be joined by others, I usually turn up in a blue Dacia Duster so anybody looking for a shooting buddy just needs to say. Alternatively, I can always be messaged on here, I am averaging 32 to 35 out of 50 at present, so lets put it this way, I don't think I will be embarrassing anybody. 👍