Gray squirrel video with the edgun leshiy and pard nv008lrf

Some excellent shooting as usual.
Watching the shot through the leaf, with the sound off is good, you just see a hole appear in the leaf and the squirrel goes over.
I missed a few of those, I would have pulled the trigger just as they moved.
Their jerky style of their movement makes them difficult targets with an air rifle.

9 hours ago, Martlandhw100 said:

Thanks mate, all my feeders are 20m away I don't like shooting much longer distances at squirrels with sub 12 there hardy little ******* and I'd rather kill out right than wound 1 and it run off. 

Glad you like the video mate 😁

You are absolutely correct they are tough and 20m is good for sub 12, that’s why I still prefer my rimfire. Best not to have runners.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, toxo said:

Some good stuff there. I don't want to teach Granny how to suck eggs but have you tried quad sticks? I have a stand up and a sit down set. They are uber steady and cheap to make.

No I haven't tried any to be honest I'm not sure how good they would be with a rifle as small as the leshiy would it work the same. But thanks for the advice I Might give them a go 👍

3 minutes ago, Martlandhw100 said:

No I haven't tried any to be honest I'm not sure how good they would be with a rifle as small as the leshiy would it work the same. But thanks for the advice I Might give them a go 👍

I promise you won't go back. I've got halfway to the shoot and turned back because I'd forgotten my sticks. I introduced an extra adjustable stick at the back which enables you to leave them standing which is a boon when you need to do anything with the rifle without laying it in the mud. I'll se if I can find a pic. 

3 hours ago, Martlandhw100 said:

OK mate cheers I might have to get me self a set think they would be better when I go the golf course as well. 👍

Here's an old pic. I have better ones but you'll get the drift. The string in the middle is adjusted for the length of the rifle and the  side string is adjust for you height. The whole is lifted on one leg to scan 360 degrees. The extra adjustable leg makes it so versatile that you can even line up the shot (If the target stays still long enough) so all you have to do is pull the trigger.

Just to add, can be a faff if you're in a hide or enclosed space but the pros far outweigh the cons and they're so cheap to make it would be a crime not to give em a go. Don't forget to thank me later. :)

quad sticks 030.JPG

Edited by toxo

I can count on one hand the number of shots I have taken when not using my home made B&Q quad sticks over the last 12 months.

That is either air rifle, rimfire or centre fire. I would not be without them, I agree , bit of a faff in a hide (depending) but mostly manageable. 

Enjoyed your video by the way, please continue posting them. 

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

@Good shot? and @toxo any tips on making the quad sticks? I fancy giving them a go. 

My stick are around 64 inches long and I'm around 5ft 10in. This is not critical cos you can adjust the height with the cords. Mine are made from B&Q plastic covered steel garden poles but anything suitable will do but you don't want them too heavy.

You'll want some stainless steel nuts and bolts and some rubber washers to go in between. You don't want them clattering against each other.

Look at the pics. One pole is shorter than the rest. That's to allow your cheek to get to the rifle. I'm right handed so the short one is on the left. Make sure there's enough "Vee" left for the rifle to sit in AFTER you have fitted some padding which will make the vee smaller.

The cords can go almost anywhere. leave plenty of length until you get it just right and then cut off the surplus and put some tape around so they don't move.

The adjustable rod rest really transforms your sticks and makes them very versatile. I invented the extra stick years ago but I believe some of the commercial ones incorporate it these days.

IMG_20210915_080233.jpg.e23160c4b9d41b34c1b8ac0e81b85c0b.jpg

Quads1.jpg.3a80da9fa8e3dbd8c1d9384c10a33f10.jpg

IMG_20210915_080315.jpg.b4c7b82c1b534dfbc63046a9cd9b4002.jpg

IMG_20210915_080442__01.jpg.a11aeed548b23f6a5582bc00fe260023.jpg