RIP to a long standing member and friend

figgy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost my pigeon shooting buddy of 14 years yesterday going to miss him and our daily banter on Skype every morning and coffee at his place putting the world to rights

Did all our shooting together, pigeon, clays, crows. It was Mike who got me into pigeon shooting all those years ago. Got into 12g reloading together, made our own shot and carts and even got into making our own floater decoys, sold hundreds of them. Spent many happy day in hides together...arguing whose shot it was next.

RIP old friend all at peace now, going to miss you.

Sad to hear of his passing. Condolences to family and friends.  Always willing to help out if you had a query and I still have his plans for the pigeon decoys from years ago.

He will be missed if not by us all at least in part for his contribution to the site..

God rest you and may you fly high above all the pain and suffering still on this earthly mound:good:

I’ve just seen the news. 

All those years ago Mike was the first person I spoke to off here and real world - it was he who gave me the genius tip to have all my shooting related purchases delivered to my offices so the wife wouldn’t find out. Invaluable and practical advice to a novice!

A top bloke who will be missed.

RIP Mike. 

It is very sad to loose someone.  My condolences to his family and friends.

I didn't know him, but all the comments on here paint a picture of a person with a wealth of knowledge which he gladly shared through this forum, and no doubt other channels.  It highlights how as we all get older it is so important to share and pass on knowledge and experience where possible.  Reading this thread shows how Hawkeye set and example for us all to follow in that respect.