Hawke Sport Optics Warranty & Service

Hector Vector

My 3 year old Hawke 10x32 Endurance ED binoculars wouldn't properly focus and I was getting a double image (out of collimation, remembered from my apprentice days a long, long time ago). I contacted Hawke, got a returns number and put them in the post Friday lunchtime. Had an email from one of the Hawke technicians yesterday confirming the fault and that a NEW pair had been sent out for delivery today.

That's pretty damn good service I think, no false promises with their no-fault lifetime warranty, well done Hawke! This is the sort of service that engenders customer loyalty and enhances sales. Shame a few more companies out there can't do the same...

Always had a good response from Hawke on the very few times I have contacted them. The last time because a scope was playing up and sent it in. The technisian contacted me and pointed out I had purchased said scope almost 15 yrs ago. They offered me a 50% discount on any item in their catalogue. Brilliant.

They are probably the biggest optics provider in the UK currently and so there will be lots of returns. They offer budget to mid range optics at very competitive prices and so quality management will be lower than for the top quality marques. When a company compromises quality assurance to reduce cost for the consumer but replaces that QA with a top notch after sales division it becomes a very easy choice to go with them low risk. 

13 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Zoom is generally a waste of money, better to get good glass with fixed magnification. 

At least we can agree on that.

I have three Leups and a Schmidt and Bender. Two of the Leupolds were bought new, one in 1989, the other, my newest scope, in 1998. The other Leup and the Schmidt were both secondhand and the Leup dates from the ‘80’s. The Schmidt is ex-FC from the ‘90’s. I have never had a single issue with any of them, despite rough use both here and in Africa.

15 hours ago, London Best said:

I don’t own any Hawke products, but I have, rightly or wrongly, formed the opinion they are not very good because nearly every post about them tells of returns, faults and repairs.

I my opinion I think you're are wrong. Actually at their price point they are very good products. In the case of my binos it was nothing to do with them being "not very good" more like the fact they were left hanging from a high seat for over a month in the rain and wind! Would a £2000 pair have fared any better? I have my doubts. Would Zeiss or Leica or Swarovski been so keen to replace them with a new pair, no questions asked? I think not. Just goes to reinforce the fact Hawke offer a bomb-proof warranty and stand by it. I have Hawke 'scopes on my rimfire rifles and have recently upgraded them to more recent models. Very pleased with them as well. I've got S & B and Athlon on my stalking and target centrefires that cost very much more but in reality do no more than the Hawkes, except, perhaps, in very low light levels. 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I have absolutely zero experience of Hawke products and would not wish to criticise them in any way.....

but.....

See how the Hawkes are doing in thirty years. I bet the S&B is still going strong.

Then why air the opinion that you think "they are not very good"? Isn't that form of criticism? Particularly when it's not based on any first-hand experience of the brand?

As for seeing how they're doing in 30 years, be it Hawke or S & B, is, in my case at least, irrelevant as I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be around and even if I am I'm very, very unlikely to be shooting anything. I'll be imminently expecting my telegram form the monarch!!!!!

2 hours ago, Hector Vector said:

Then why air the opinion that you think "they are not very good"? Isn't that form of criticism? Particularly when it's not based on any first-hand experience of the brand?

As for seeing how they're doing in 30 years, be it Hawke or S & B, is, in my case at least, irrelevant as I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be around and even if I am I'm very, very unlikely to be shooting anything. I'll be imminently expecting my telegram form the monarch!!!!!

If you bothered to read my original post on this thread you may better understand what/why I was saying. 

30 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Good try, but as HV is quoting from it I think that he must have read it. 

I did and I understood it, hence I stand by my comments.

20 hours ago, London Best said:

I don’t own any Hawke products, but I have, rightly or wrongly, formed the opinion they are not very good because nearly every post about them tells of returns, faults and repairs.

This is your original post - so this isn't a criticism then? Obviously my understanding of the English language must be lacking!

Funny how some people seem to want to make a meal out of a comment that was actually a positive reflection on the service Hawke are offering and made no reference to the quality/performance of the products...

I have a lot of rifle scopes  .

Some I just keep in boxes as spares .if I get a new gun then I will probably have one that's suits it.

Virtually all of them  are hawkes

.I can think of 2 over the years which haven't been as super duper clear as I'd like  (both of which functioned perfectly well .one I still have on a gun) 

I've never had a failure and and love the hawke scopes I have .

The reticules are also a million times better than any other brand in my opinion  .

That couples with its own software makes hawke the obvious  choice for me and millions of others too  .