The Impossible Rebellion

oowee

The reason Nett Zero is an impossible goal which will only serve to bankrupt the country and send our civilisation backwards about 200 years was neatly shown - by accident - on Sunday's Countryfile. They wheeled up a bright eyed bushy tailed "scientist" to assess Adam Henson's carbon footprint. He estimated how much CO2 would be sequestered (they love that word...) by the farm's production and then how much CO2 would be emitted in order to calculate an overall annual figure. What he totally failed to allow for is that virtually all the CO2 sequestered by the crops and in the soil would be released back into the atmosphere within a year or less and for some organisms within days or weeks.

The fact is there is no sound, repeatable peer reviewed science that can prove the greenhouse gas effect even exists. Even now, despite BBC reporters spouting nonsense about carbon dioxide settling like a blanket over the planet, CO2 is still one of the trace gases at 0.04% of the atmosphere. And let's not forget that far from being a pollutant, CO2 is as fundamental as oxygen to all life on Earth both animal and plant. Without CO2 Earth would be lifeless planet.

There are now numerous books that explain all this in clear logical terms and totally refuting the utterly biased IPCC's agenda which seeks only to prove it's all the fault of the 1st world nations.

Unfortunately there are many deny'ers and home scientists qualified in jack carp that will be unable to accept global warming. Fortunately the recent IPCC report has comprehensive international support. 

Unfortunately as a species we are as @Stonepark says unable to control our population. Even if we were able to control it, it would only be the first step to controling consumption. Our capital principles are based upon working harder getting more. Our whole economic model is based upon economic growth. The climate change programme requires a fundamental shift in the way we live. It certainly looks like we will be swimming and burning before we are prepared to make any wholescale changes. 

There is no doubt that those born in the 60's have had the best of everything so far. :w00t:

Most of these protesters are poor little rich kids having a naughty day out so they can post selfies of themselves to their friends. Very important to establish their street cred at their private school before they return next week

Look at the timing, the week before the schools and colleges go back. That says it all

Edited by Vince Green

52 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Most of these protesters are poor little rich kids having a naughty day out so they can post selfies of themselves to their friends. Very important to establish their street cred at their private school before they return next week

Look at the timing, the week before the schools and colleges go back. That says it all

This.

It’s all just woke virtue signalling.

I get and agree with the right to protest, but I don’t agree with the new right that some minority’s protest can mess up the working days of the majority. 

As an aside, they’d get more support from me if they just spent the time protesting outside the likes of the Chinese embassy and the embassies of all the other developing nations who are the worst and most prolific climate offenders. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately there are many deny'ers and home scientists qualified in jack carp that will be unable to accept global warming. Fortunately the recent IPCC report has comprehensive international support. 

Just in case that's aimed at me let me assure you that I only refer to reports, material and books written by genuine scientists who, unlike the talking heads on TV etc., do not receive enormous bursaries to fuel the propaganda initiated by the IPCC. In fact, some of those scientists have resigned in disgust from the IPCC owing to the unscientific methods, misuse and misinterpretation of data and extremist rhetoric used to instil panic in otherwise sensible people like David Attenborough and presumably yourself.

The IPCC charter categorically states that their function is to examine and report on anthropomorphic climate change. Which means caused by human activity. CO2 is the only candidate as they dare not mention overpopulation and they're barred from considering earlier warming periods in recorded history which were much hotter than any of their predictions for the 21st century and obviously weren't caused by CO2 emissions from industry.

China, a member of the UN security council, has just announced they're starting work on 28 new coal fired power stations. America is boosting coal and oil production, Germany has announced their CO2 emissions are set to increase, so the dumb idiots of XR are protesting in the wrong places. Quite frankly, despite Attenborough's pronouncements, there's nothing we can do, either in this country or the EU, to make any substantive difference to world emissions of CO2. China's emissions increase by more every 18 months than our overall total and we simply cannot afford the £trillions needed to fund Boris' pointless mad charge for Nett Zero. The Global Warming Policy Forum reported recently that so called "Green taxes" already account for over 40% of household energy bills. That's for things like solar panel installations and buy back of surplus energy produced from them, heat pump grants, electric car subsidies and so on. Just imagine how much tax we'll be having to pay in 20 years.

And example of how things are done under the bonkers Nett Zero wheeze: If every diesel or petrol car in the UK was replace with an electric version (EV), over their lifetime they would avoid 324 million tonnes of CO2, which has a market value of £15.7billion. However, the taxpayer would have to fork out £82.1billion in EV subsidies alone – not to mention additional costs, such as funding hundreds of thousands of EV charging points.”

Do you see how it pans out?

Edited by Westward

3 hours ago, oowee said:

looks like we will be swimming and burning before we are prepared to make any wholescale changes

It's that kind of hysterical nonsense that turns off any sympathy I have with the likes of XR,  or any other climate change virtue signaller. 

No one is going to be swimming, unless it's in daddy's villa pool, and no ones going to be burning unless it's on the expensive foreign holiday they flew thousands of miles to get there. 

Hypocrites, who until I see them spouting their rubbish from a mud hut, wearing shoes and clothes they've made from grass, and eating a turnip they've grown, and fertilised with their own faeces, their words will carry no weight with me. 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately there are many deny'ers and home scientists qualified in jack carp that will be unable to accept global warming

Hope that is not me.  I am certain climate changes, Ice Ages much?  I am qualified, in lots of thing, including being a Pilot of light aircraft and a with degree in Applied Physics, so I don't mind reading difficult stuff and at the very least getting the jist of it and can spot inconsistencies, cherry picking etc etc.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately as a species we are as @Stonepark says unable to control our population

Yes we are.  In fact, it is cause for concern that the now developed "West" is having a crisis of low fertility with the Netherlands having a fertility rate of only 1.6 ( https://gefira.org/en/2018/10/04/thou-shalt-not-talk-about-the-disappearance-of-the-dutch-population/ ).  I realise this sounds good.  But where is the Dutch Government going to get taxes from to pay state pensions and care for the elderley who will soon outnumber the workers?  In fact, fertility reduction happens EVERYWHERE there is cheap, stable energy and good education.  Women want more than just motherhood and a stable economy gives them liberty to get that.  By denying Africa and other developing areas access to the cheap power (the IMF prohibit lending for Fossil fueled power, just so we keep them in poverty) they need, then the best solution for an individual is a large family.

2 hours ago, Westward said:

China, a member of the UN security council, has just announced they're starting work on 28 new coal fired power stations.

I think it is actually 43!  https://time.com/6090732/china-coal-power-plants-emissions/

and Time magazine is as Climate Alarmist as they get!!

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Fortunately the recent IPCC report has comprehensive international support

The IPCC report has not yet been issued.  What I think you mean is the new SPM, this is the Summary for Policymakers, the result of negotiations between governments. In other words it is a political statement, not a scientific document. The actual Report won’t be published until much later, probably long after COP26.

The Afghan and Iraqi wars had "comprehensive International support", do you think they were good ideas too?

So, there you go, at no point do I call you names and I post data/articles from Climate Alarmist Agencies that suport the view that there is no "Climate Emergency".

You're welcome,

RS

5 hours ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately as a species we are as @Stonepark says unable to control our population. Even if we were able to control it, it would only be the first step to controling consumption. Our capital principles are based upon working harder getting more. Our whole economic model is based upon economic growth. The climate change programme requires a fundamental shift in the way we live. It certainly looks like we will be swimming and burning before we are prepared to make any wholescale changes. 

There is no doubt that those born in the 60's have had the best of everything so far. :w00t:

You ( and a lot of other people) miss the point that man made Co2 is only at best 20% of the total being produced. Far bigger forces are at play, way beyond human control.

We are not helping the problem but we are not causing it either. If we cut our whole world emissions to zero tomorrow it would not stop what is happening. Buy houses on the top of hills and fit air conditioning is my advice.

Millions will die in africa but who actually cares??? Absolutely nobody 

Vast tracts of North America, Canada, Greenland and Russia will become more inhabitable and capable of sustaining agriculture. Which equals more valuable.

You can buy land in Alaska for $5 an acre at the moment. Invest now. 

Edited by Vince Green

😇 I am simply making the point that if we accept there is a climate emergency (accepting that some dont) then 99% of us, me included. Are in denial. Doing something about it is in the 'simply too hard to do'  box. 

Yes we do the basic stuff but very little else exactly the point that the London demo highlights.

Democracy, and capitalism is ill prepared for the authoritative approach needed.