Nowzad Evacuation

WalkedUp

The attempt to prioritise the passage of stray animals from Afghanistan over the evacuation of British citizens, families, interpreters and aides is a disgrace. An Airbus A303 has been chartered by idiotic scum to transport the disease ridden animals out ahead of human lives. The plane is at Kabul and should be commandeered by the British Army for use in the humanitarian evacuation. Why people donate to these money making animal “sanctuaries” is a mystery, but the press coverage and national sympathy is a stain on our nation.

Ben Wallace has done well to say that the United Kingdom will not prioritise pets over people. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

The attempt to prioritise the passage of stray animals from Afghanistan over the evacuation of British citizens, families, interpreters and aides is a disgrace. An Airbus A303 has been chartered by idiotic scum to transport the disease ridden animals out ahead of human lives. The plane is at Kabul and should be commandeered by the British Army for use in the humanitarian evacuation. Why people donate to these money making animal “sanctuaries” is a mystery, but the press coverage and national sympathy is a stain on our nation.

Ben Wallace has done well to say that the United Kingdom will not prioritise pets over people. 

Plus one.

Hello, there was some more news on this , they fund raised a charter plane ? Not forgetting I read 60 Afghans , now I see the Defence secretary said there was a new threat but would not give details, I despair as how this will go for those still waiting to leave Kabul airport

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I think there is a lot of people in the UK and western world need their moral compass recalibrated. As much as I love animals I would never prioritise them over people. I see people on certain social media apps saying how they would sooner save animals than humans, well I'm sure a day tasked with recovering the bodies of people who died trying to get out of danger would soon change their their mind. All it will take is the death of a child as a result of these animals being prioritised to induce a severe amount of navel gazing and hand wringing.....remember the collective outrage in the Mediterranean after footage of that child being recovered was beamed to TV screens around the world?

My question is really with the coalition in charge of the airport, why did they allow this charter plane to land in the first place? They could have told the pilot to eff off with his plane or it would be taken over to get people out.

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

+1

It’s representative of the amount of broken people who find themselves closer to animals than real world relationships. You see them all the time on Facey answering those ridiculous click bait questions like ‘if you could eradicate one disease what would it be?’ And they invariably answer ‘humans / mankind etc’.  It’s a shame, I just guess that it’s the only way these people get unconditional love (from a pet).

Ditto at work, we see old ladies on their own with distant family who show no interest in them leaving millions to cats charities who then rock up with their hands out and *the* most expensive and swanky London lawyers. 

I couldn’t imagine a day where I would be tempted to give the equivalent cost of a new wing to a kids cancer hospital to a cats home. 

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

I think there is a lot of people in the UK and western world need their moral compass recalibrated. As much as I love animals I would never prioritise them over people. I see people on certain social media apps saying how they would sooner save animals than humans, well I'm sure a day tasked with recovering the bodies of people who died trying to get out of danger would soon change their their mind. All it will take is the death of a child as a result of these animals being prioritised to induce a severe amount of navel gazing and hand wringing.....remember the collective outrage in the Mediterranean after footage of that child being recovered was beamed to TV screens around the world?

My question is really with the coalition in charge of the airport, why did they allow this charter plane to land in the first place? They could have told the pilot to eff off with his plane or it would be taken over to get people out.

Just seen this 100% agree 

Edited by Mungler

How many on here would do the same if it was there animals .he paid for the plane which has nothing to 

with the government.he also said said he would fill the plane with Afghans in the spare seats did the government take him up on his offer .there are plenty Of planes sitting idle us them .the mod will not have enough planes because of all the cutbacks .

it said on news why can not the uk hold the airport on its own .because we don’t have enough troops .due to cutbacks again .

and we rely on the Americans to save us 

The thing is….there is nothing to stop anyone from donating to charter planes to get people out of Afghanistan, but as far as I know, they haven’t. I know I haven’t.
 However, there are those who have donated to charter a plane to remove animals. As crackers as it may seem, it’s their money and therefore their choice. 

Remember the fire in that animal sanctuary a few years ago? Donations reached a staggering amount overnight. 🤷‍♂️

I blame Bambi.

One of the key issues I have with my other half is the fact that she is completely unmoved by scenes of human suffering on the news but the moment a furry animal is in danger she insists on the channel being changed, like literally she'll eat her dinner watching human famine and suffering on TV and think nothing of it. I will never understand it.

45 minutes ago, chilly1981 said:

He’s chartered it it’s up to him who he takes it’s not a mercy flight it’s his own organised  plane 

disease ridden animals hes takes them in and ensures they are healthy and disease free that’s half the pint of his charity. 
you will find far more disease amongst the afghan population Thats has been evacuated. 

as some one stated he will fill up the seats with Afghans aswell as the 60 afghan staff he has. 
the animals don’t steal people places as they go in the hold 

havjng worked out there I can honestly say I would take dogs over about 80% of the population there but that’s my just my opinion. 

but if that’s the case and you think it’s horrible to do such a thing and feel so strongly about it you had to post about it I hope you will be offering one of your rooms to one of these evacuated people 

Remember we are not evacuating the afghan population, we are (supposed to be) evacuating British civilians and Afghans and their immediate family who helped British troops as interpreters and facilitators. These people are seen as particularly vulnerable.

Regardless of who is paying, one of the issues with this is he is flying his own aircraft in which takes away the precious time that is left to fly in government sponsored aircraft that could be getting other more vulnerable people out. I highly doubt that Afghans working at an animal shelter are high up the list of the talibans assassination list. 

As I understand it there is one run way, limited fuel / turn around facilities and a limited window of opportunity. Getting any plane in comes with an opportunity cost.

The government is screwed whichever way - there will be people left behind and no doubt slaughtered, and if a plane (any plane) gets out laden with stray animals (be they in the hold or a first class seat) the government will be reminded that animals were saved over people, and forever and a day. Being entirely pragmatic, if I were a politician, I would block any animal rescue flight and suffer the angst of a small minority of "animal lovers" who probably don't vote Tory anyway.

7 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Madness.

As I understand it; the aircraft controllers are involved in why this is not a simple land fuel up and take off again situation..  They have their orders to prioritise on Human extractions but only those already cleared by the nations checking in process civering ID and paperwork being checked before being given the OK to approach the Airport itself.  All humans have been channelled into what is considered the safest routes from just inside the gate entry's to the city:in some cases they ae being diverted along sewerage canals as it is the most direct and safest route for them. Whilst admiring the guys attempts to get out with his animals should nt he have acted much more earlier as even without political problems, moving animals is always a bureuocratic nightmare and they all have to be signed off by a vet re vaccinations etc.  Currently the plane does not have clearance on the ground to get ready for take off.  Although he may well own the plane - he does not own the airport or its runways.  As an e marine he knows the dril and has lost his bearings on this issue.  Good luck to him.

49 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

From what I've just read he isn't getting his animals out now. The US have blocked him. Theres a chance he won't even be getting out himself  now

The powers that be were never going to let a plane containing stray animals out when there were people being left behind, no matter what the logistical possibilities were.

Two British citizens and the child of a British citizen killed yesterday at Kabul airport whilst he was messing about like a cheap publicly hoe trying to get the defence minister to let him jump the queue with his hordes of strays. Poor form from the former serviceman. The Birkenhead protocol is not fruit loops and strays first 😡

1 hour ago, chilly1981 said:

Are you for real so you think his fault  have a word with yourself

No. That is clearly not what I said.

I made the comparison between the severity of the situation and his disgraceful attention seeking behaviour whilst the people he is pestering have real problems to deal with. 

Many people with mental health problems have unhealthy relationships with animals after they feel the have failed to find love in their own species. Whether that be hoarding, anthropomorphism or worse. You see it even on this forum, those with an unusual obsession with pets (“my best friend” or a black and white division between animals we British eat such as pigs or cows, with animals we British do not eat such as dogs or horses). Stoicism has been abandoned with this loon’s constant bleating to jump the queue with the many beasts he enjoys.

Edited by WalkedUp

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

No. That is clearly not what I said.

I made the comparison between the severity of the situation and his disgraceful attention seeking behaviour whilst the people he is pestering have real problems to deal with. 

Many people with mental health problems have unhealthy relationships with animals after they feel the have failed to find love in their own species. Whether that be hoarding, anthropomorphism or worse. You see it even on this forum, those with an unusual obsession with pets (“my best friend” or a black and white division between animals we British eat such as pigs or cows, with animals we British do not eat such as dogs or horses). Stoicism has been abandoned with this loon’s constant bleating to jump the queue with the many beasts he enjoys.

Crikey that some extrapolation. 

Hello, I read after midnight Uk flights from Kabul air port will stop, when the USA and other counties if any do the same on the 31st , any thoughts on what the Taliban will do with no foreign power to stop them, Bidons now said we've sent over a Drone and maybe killed 1 of the recent bombers ? It's interesting to see how these Drones work, there a film on this but cannot remember name,